Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Elimination final V St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    I understand the comment that Roosy made was one in on the end of year trip and the other is looking towards the finals..

You don't want to be taken out by a "mate" late in the game. Princess possibly..?

When I watched it live, Bradman stand, Monty charge in from CHB and atempted to clean Goodsy up (or tried to, and Goodsy pivoted out of the way - near miss #1) about 5 minutes from full time. The second was the ROK hit, I guess you could call it another near miss #2 I suppose Monty had plenty to play for being 50 odd points behind.... Thug moment's IMO

Rod_
    A thug is someone who goes out to hurt a player illegally. Didn't see the Goodes one but the ROK one was a perfectly legal hit. Tell me, if this was in the first 5min of the game in say Rd1, is he still a thug??
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Rod, the spot light is on you, we've even dimmed the lights in the room!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    A thug is someone who goes out to hurt a player illegally. Didn't see the Goodes one but the ROK one was a perfectly legal hit. Tell me, if this was in the first 5min of the game in say Rd1, is he still a thug??
    Nothing wrong with his bump, but Amon did punch Kennelly in the side/stomach when he was getting tackled. It was a pretty cheap, unneccesary shot. Mummy quickly made sure he got his just deserts though, and put him down on his backside. haha

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    Nothing wrong with his bump, but Amon did punch Kennelly in the side/stomach when he was getting tackled.
    My wife saw that one. I was also of the opinion (and still am) that ROK should HTFU over it, but when I said that whilst watching OTC the other night, my wife mentioned the Tadhg one and said Monty may have had a bit to say and do before the ROK bump which may have explained the unusual behaviour...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    My wife saw that one. I was also of the opinion (and still am) that ROK should HTFU over it, but when I said that whilst watching OTC the other night, my wife mentioned the Tadhg one and said Monty may have had a bit to say and do before the ROK bump which may have explained the unusual behaviour...
    I can kind of understand ROK's reaction. It was late in the game, the game was won, his mind was probably on the final siren, and the bump probably caught him unawares (as bumps frequently do - it is one of the reasons we spectators love a great bump). It probably did also hurt a tad. If he had carried on subsequently about the bump I would reckon he needed to toughen up, but I can't judge him harshly on his immediate reaction.

That said, there was absolutely nothing wrong with Monty's bump and he was fully entitled to lay it.

No way Kennelly will be dropped.

Said in a post match he's looking forward to playing his 200th on GF day.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    No way Kennelly will be dropped.

Said in a post match he's looking forward to playing his 200th on GF day.
    Ahhhhhh............To be sure, to be sure!!!!!!!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Monty was playing for his footballing life as a sub.....if it was me I would be making a point. And he did. I didn't even recognise him, argued the point with Bas in fact. Where has my Hobbit gone!

As for Peb's reaction, well I would be crabby if a bump hurt my shoulder that much (he is a toughy, not likely to be staging....no way) and his immediate reaction was "I am hurt, I am out of the game, I am out of finals". Fortunately for us all its probably a rotar cuff issue and manageable. And he will play finals.

We are talking about immediate reactions, and its not as if Peb has ever looked like anything but an angry crab! The smiles during a game are rare. Its just the way he is.

No worries. Its all immediate. Pity about the fist into Tadgh though. That wasn't sportsman like! However we don't know what sort of sledging had been going on.....I mean I am sitting up in the gods, and the blokes are down on the field. Not up to me to judge harshly.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Monty was playing for his footballing life as a sub.....if it was me I would be making a point. And he did. I didn't even recognise him, argued the point with Bas in fact. Where has my Hobbit gone!

As for Peb's reaction, well I would be crabby if a bump hurt my shoulder that much (he is a toughy, not likely to be staging....no way) and his immediate reaction was "I am hurt, I am out of the game, I am out of finals". Fortunately for us all its probably a rotar cuff issue and manageable. And he will play finals.

We are talking about immediate reactions, and its not as if Peb has ever looked like anything but an angry crab! The smiles during a game are rare. Its just the way he is.

No worries. Its all immediate. Pity about the fist into Tadgh though. That wasn't sportsman like! However we don't know what sort of sledging had been going on.....I mean I am sitting up in the gods, and the blokes are down on the field. Not up to me to judge harshly.
    That's fair enough. I was probably a bit tough on ROK's reaction in hindsight.

As for sitting up with the gods, Bas will be extremely happy with that assessment.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Yeah, won't he.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Monty was well in his rights. Good on him I say.

Veterans List
    Photo tweeted by Swans of today's training: http://yfrog.com/18hzfqj

Is that Grundy or Mattner inside Kennelly?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast