Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Goodes Brownlow 3?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Don't forget Goodesy's mother dreamt another win.
    That settles it. If Lisa May says it, where's my betting form?

Senior Player
    I got on him about mid-season at 15:1 and 4 for the place. Looking ok, that.

Unfortunately, anyone who looks at his form all year rather than talkback hype and Sportsbet manipulation comes to the conclusion that he can't win it. He's been in good form for most of the year but only Brownlow form for a month - will get very few votes early on. Judd is a huge chance with a consistently good year. Even if Murphy gets a few 3s, Judd is still in the running for 2s. Pendlebury, despite stiff competition from Swan and Thomas, could get enough 2 vote games to get there too.

All we need is a "1" from Round 3 if it means the difference between Goodesy getting charlie over someone else.
    Only need to win it by 1 (or tie - I'll be happy with a tie!!).
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I'm thinking about 20 votes, and that's probably with a hint of bias. Not enough.

Warming the Bench
    Dont forget umpires frown on persisstant appeals for FREE KICKS

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly View Post
    QUOTE:

Judd is unlikely to poll any votes in the final month of the season and this has left betting agency sportsbet.com.au extremely nervous.

The bookie paid out on Judd winning the award at the start of last month.

It conducted its own phantom count and had Goodes finishing just two votes behind Carlton star.

"We have had plenty of movement on Adam Goodes and are starting to regret paying out on Judd," the agency's Haydn Lane said

Why would you pay out early?
    Wouldn't be the first time a betting agency has paid out early and later regret it. Case in point the NRL this year with the Bookies paying out early on St George winning the Premiership, which now is looking shaky.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

I'm not sure he was quite good enough in the 1st half of the season to win it to be honest - but he will be top 5 I think and if Judd's votes are cannabalised a bit by Murphy in the early rounds of the season, he might be in with a sniff. I expect the love in with Judd will continue and he will probably win it comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time a betting agency has paid out early and later regret it. Case in point the NRL this year with the Bookies paying out early on St George winning the Premiership, which now is looking shaky.
    It was actually on the Minor Premiership which Saints ended up being about 10 points or so behind in. St George still might win the Premiership though - I hope so anyway!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lwoggardner View Post
    As much as I'd like Goodesy to win it, the cynic in me thinks this could be a concocted story to entice people to lose their money betting on Goodes.
    Must say I thought the same thing. For the betting agencies, enticing people to bet on Goodesy softens the financial blow of a Judd win. (Go Goodesy!)

Goodes the only Swan nominated in the All Australian Squad.
    An outstanding finish to the year .... and hopefully through the finals.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Judd is consistently classy and brilliant. His ability to find a team mate in heavy traffic often defies belief and watching it as the umps do from close up must be pretty convincing.
    I would say Judd wins the Brownlow by as much as 5.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast