Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ODDS?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    If there's one thing I hate about watching football, at the ground or on TV, it's the constant spruiking to go and put your hard-earned on one of two donkeys. And as for the phrase "gambling industry" ... words fail me.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    If there's one thing I hate about watching football, at the ground or on TV, it's the constant spruiking to go and put your hard-earned on one of two donkeys. And as for the phrase "gambling industry" ... words fail me.
    You would be pleased to know the MCG has declined to extend their contract with betfair.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Take my advice. I'm over 50 and have crunched odds and numbers for most of my adult life.

Do not get involved in points start in finals where there is no tomorrow. Blowouts are the name of the game IF one side gains the ascendency late in the game. Not unusual for a team to kick 5 goals in junktime to turn a 20 point win into a 50 point thumping in these games.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'd rather take $3.10 off the bat than the $3.60 at 39+.

It would be criminal if they won by 40 points and you lose your money...
    This is correct - Betting margins is a terrible way to feel horrible about winning

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    You would be pleased to know the MCG has declined to extend their contract with betfair.
    Thanks aardy - my day feels better already!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Take my advice. I'm over 50 and have crunched odds and numbers for most of my adult life.

Do not get involved in points start in finals where there is no tomorrow. Blowouts are the name of the game IF one side gains the ascendency late in the game. Not unusual for a team to kick 5 goals in junktime to turn a 20 point win into a 50 point thumping in these games.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'd rather take $3.10 off the bat than the $3.60 at 39+.

If you backed us in the points brackets to 59 points for equal amounts you would win assuming we prevail. $19 for 40 to 59 points bracket fits well with your blowout theory.

tabsportsbet on twitter

Back any player to kick first goal and if they don't but kick first goal of any other qtr, we'll refund your bet. bit.ly/TABSpecials #AFL
    Why do the AFL allow this kind of bet to continue. It just breeds the chance of corruption by players/officials/other people involved in the game. I'll admit I bet on Spangher to be 1st goal scorer in his debut game because of his chance of starting forward but with all the noise this year about alleged corruption with first goal scorers i just think its a bet they need to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    On League Teams they showed:

Sportsbet

St Kilda $1:40
    Swans $2.95

Interesting.
    Now StK $1.44
    Swans $ 2.90

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Normally I'd agree but this is a Sydney /StKilda game. I cant remember the last time there was a blowout between us. (probably my bad memory).
    Didn't we end up kicking their colllective butts in 05?. probably not by 40 points, I better watch the game again, any excuse will do to break out the victory pack
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Didn't we end up kicking their colllective butts in 05?. probably not by 40 points, I better watch the game again, any excuse will do to break out the victory pack
    From Swans website.

Since the Swans and Saints last met in a final - the 2005 preliminary final - just one of the following nine encounters has been decided by more than three goals.

Wish I had bet the house on it now
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Paid for half my flights down next week - thank-you stupid Melbourne media turning st kilda into certainties!

I was just a tad worried there for a few minutes.................but very happy now !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast