Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ODDS?

ODDS?

$3.10 for the Swans against Saints. If i were a betting man I know where I'd be putting my hard earned(well, my pension lol)
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Sportsbet Swans $3.60 1-39pts

I just dont see why people think the Saints are value at ~$1.35. Even taking off my red and white glasses, I'd have Sydney $2.65 at the absolute worst.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Sportsbet Swans $3.60 1-39pts
    Take my advice. I'm over 50 and have crunched odds and numbers for most of my adult life.

Do not get involved in points start in finals where there is no tomorrow. Blowouts are the name of the game IF one side gains the ascendency late in the game. Not unusual for a team to kick 5 goals in junktime to turn a 20 point win into a 50 point thumping in these games.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'd rather take $3.10 off the bat than the $3.60 at 39+.

It would be criminal if they won by 40 points and you lose your money...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I agree with Triple B. Especially when its such juicy odds for head to head. I'll be having some of that $3.15 thankyou very much, with a bit of luck it'll be a reasonably contribution to my return to Melbourne the following Friday. Saints should be favourites, but in my opinion anything over about $2.20 for us is generous.

Yep, you dont really want to be in a position where IF the swans are 5-6 goals up with a few minutes left you actually want the Saints to score to make your bet safe. Its barracking for the other team in that case, and I hate it, whether the game involves the swans or not!

Quote Originally Posted by dendol View Post
    Yep, you dont really want to be in a position where the swans are 5-6 goals up with a few minutes left
    Yes, I think I do actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Take my advice. I'm over 50 and have crunched odds and numbers for most of my adult life.

Do not get involved in points start in finals where there is no tomorrow. Blowouts are the name of the game IF one side gains the ascendency late in the game. Not unusual for a team to kick 5 goals in junktime to turn a 20 point win into a 50 point thumping in these games.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'd rather take $3.10 off the bat than the $3.60 at 39+.

It would be criminal if they won by 40 points and you lose your money...
    Normally I'd agree but this is a Sydney /StKilda game. I cant remember the last time there was a blowout between us. (probably my bad memory).

On League Teams they showed:

Sportsbet

St Kilda $1:40
    Swans $2.95

Interesting.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Living in 2005
    Interesting, but that's where the money is flowing so whatever.

Nothing like having a winning run of 3 in a row ignored, a run that includes Geelong in Geelong and the team we are playing!! but whatever, I'm an old fashioned type of boy, I like being underdog!

Funny how the Melbourne media are happy to ignore the Collingwood loss last week because they had nothing to play for but St Kilda get the praised heaped on them for beating Carlton, who also had nothing to play for.

Make it interesting with the all-up (Betfair odds)

Swans @ $3.15 into Goodes @ $8.00 for the Brownlow

Certainly more appealing odds than say;

Saints ($1.45) into Judd ($1.96) ... and plenty of mugs are sure to be taking those odds ... and that's why the bookies always leave the track in their Mercs and Beamers!

or, just take the $75 about the Swans for the flag!

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Normally I'd agree but this is a Sydney /StKilda game. I cant remember the last time there was a blowout between us. (probably my bad memory).
    I must admit, that is the one serious flaw in my argument.

It remains valid for all the other finals however....lol
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast