Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jesse White - the big improver

Much improved. He seems to have more confidence in himself now. I hope he is feeling invincible on Friday night. And yes, I also like his response to other players goals as well.

Ruckwork getting better. Really improving his tap work and his 2nd efforts in the midfield (shepherds, tackles, bumps, little handballs to space and to a target).

It's just those dropped marks that he still commits a few of every week having done the hard work (found the space, got away from his opponent, floated in from the side unconested) that is holding him back atm. There was one on the wing in the last when he went up all on his own and dropped it and a similar one having found space in front of his opponents at HF that he dropped as well. But I think he is competing well inside 50 for the most part.

Most importantly, he has been part of what has become a truly functional forward line, something that we've all been crying out for all year. We finally got what we wanted from Rohan, Parker, White, Reid, Spangher at ANZ against St.Kilda and there is no way we should be tinkering with it now after a month of really, really strong performances.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    His second efforts have been outstanding.
    Spot on Annie I have been a big knocker but when he provides second efforts like he has the last 2 games he actually brings something to the team. When his intensity is up he is a valuable contributer , maybe he is starting to realize his chances are running out

Veterans List
    Is there a drinking game for when Goodes or Jesse drop an easy mark?

If Teddy did the same we'd have been reporting on Mad Monday by now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12