Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Out of Contract Swans

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Yes thank you.

Now if you would please have a word with Sammy regarding his unsigned status...
    Maybe tell him there will be tears on this sight if he does not sign (with the Swans) very soon
    Sammy and I will have words.
    Can't promise it'll be before the granny though.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Sammy and I will have words.
    Can't promise it'll be before the granny though.
    Let him know we'd be happy for his brother move up this way............

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Hey guys, GWS has a bigger salary cap than other teams but it winds back to level with everyone else after about five years so they can't pay over the odds forever.

They have of course spent a big chunk of money securing their initial signings so there's not a bottomless pit of $ to lure players next year. There will be a few more announcements in the next few weeks about players grabbed from other clubs this year, again that will soak up more of their cap.

They also need to have $ up their sleeve to start paying all their young draftees more $ as they develop.

Yes, I'm very worried abour Reid, he is potentially a superstar and best that he plays in red and white not the GWS tricolours. I'm sure the Swans beancounters have got it under control. We have already got three retirements and probably another two or three next year to free up some salary cap.
    GWS are not fools. Their big signings are on front-ended contracts, so their big money is in their first year. This means that their TPP is reduced next season as more AFL players come out of contract and then further reduced each year as their young players develop and renegotiate. This means that they will have plenty of cash to wave around next year and the year after, etc.

Good enough??
    Certainly good enough.

So he told you he signed earlier this year for a further 3 years which will take him thru to the end of 2015, given he was already signed until the end of 2012.

Excellent news...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Certainly good enough.

So he told you he signed earlier this year for a further 3 years which will take him thru to the end of 2015, given he was already signed until the end of 2012.

Excellent news...
    Troublemaker

The "Village Green" is in the exact spot and is the exact shape of the old No. 1 gas tank. They just covered it over with dirt and turf.
    As with the olympic site ... industrial seepage is a problem.

(For those that don't know, Breakfast Point was the site of the AGL "factory" in Sydney for years and years.)
    For those with long enough memories, the whole Homebush Bay area was hardly a nature reserve! They were finding unusual species of frogs out there that threatened the whole Olympic Park development 15 years ago. Obviously everything eventually was built out there - probably found the frogs were unnaturally helped along in their uniqueness by the toxic sludge that had built up from years of industrial activity! Anyone for fish caught in the Parramatta River?!?!?

I wonder if we might see the first three legged footballer come from the GWS nursery?!?!?

I'd be so incredibly ropable if Sammy Reid found his way anywhere else. As soon as our playing season is over, the Club should be on the phone to his manager trying to thrash out a new deal. Even if we have to pay significantly over the odds for him - there is no way we can even contemplate a player like him leaving our club. He is a man to potentially build a Premiership team around up forward.

the melb clubs would be fighting over him also
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

On the Rookie List

Post Out of Contract at end of 2012

Hi everyone

Did a search but couldn't find a recent thread about players out of contract...

So my question is who is out of contract at the end of 2012? Who do we need to worry about with free agency coming in?

Blog Entries
    Hi Miranda, see the original Post of this thread for the list.

Some good names in there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    We didn't lose any to the Suns. Why are we certain to lose players to GWS?
    It might depend on who else is available. If there are bigger and better names than Sam Reid to chase, then he might not be a priority, but if his brother can be signed, then Sam might be much more sought after. Maybe if Horse doesn't work on his kicking accuracy until he signs a long term contract, he wont be as much a target? Once he's locked in, then we turn him into a star!

GWS tried and failed to get Pendlebury, Swan and Thomas to cross. It takes a lot more than cash to get players to leave a good career at a successful club.
    But Collingwood are a now proven premiership contender, so the lure away might not be as strong. If the Swans had a super talented list that was a near-guarenteed a top 4 finish and a genuine GF tilt, retaining players might be easier, against the ca$h lure of GW$.

Our record is at least equal to Collingwood's. I can't recall the last A-grade player who walked out for career reasons.
    I'm pretty sure Pebs wanted to. And while our finals record is comparable to the Maggots over the last decade, our "premiership window" is likely more just adjar than actually open.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I'd be so incredibly ropable if Sammy Reid found his way anywhere else. As soon as our playing season is over, the Club should be on the phone to his manager trying to thrash out a new deal. Even if we have to pay significantly over the odds for him - there is no way we can even contemplate a player like him leaving our club. He is a man to potentially build a Premiership team around up forward.
    I'd be seriously looking at how to get Sammy's brother. Like the Sav/Anthony Rocca situation reversed. Remind the Magpies they owe us for the dud deal we got for that one.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast