Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Regarding players going to GWS...

Regarding players going to GWS...

Does anyone else investigate the players faces during the club song to try and judge whether they're contemplating a move to GWS or not?

If they sing the song with enthusiasm, I tend to think they'll most likely stay with the swans. Probably thinking, "yep, this is the club for me."

Whereas, the players that are only singing half-heartedly probably have a GWS move on their mind.

On this basis, I think players like Rohan and Hannebery are a lock, for obvious reasons:

12:57 for the club song. Rohan looks like a guy who's really enjoying himself and Hannebery's eyes are almost popping out of his head.

Also think Jack and Kennedy are safe.

I'm a little scared about the lack of singing passion from Reid. So half-hearted. Probably feeling a lot of guilt...

Not sure what's going on with McVeigh though. Maybe he's just a cool character.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Mmmm Im taking intense interest in the choir singing tonite ..... thats if its on ...
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Goes up to 11
    Oh please....

I'll have to watch the Rugby tomorrow night with renewed interest - those players who do not sing the national anthem with at least the vigour of Patti La Belle will obviously be planning to defect and will be punished appropriately.

Blog Entries
    Looks like Parker is gone then!!

From what I've seen this year Kenny will be definitely staying on.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

BB I did exactly the same on Saturday night haha. Bloody Reid and Parker, though to be fair Parker was the sub, probably not too happy that he had little influence on the game and Reid does have a little bit of a smile and sings loudly, and at the start you can see him calling in Mattner and Rohan to the circle.

For what it's worth I'm only half joking and mucking around.

Though I'm a body language nut, and like analyzing these things.
    Last edited by bloodsbigot; 16th September 2011 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABloodsMan View Post
    BB I did exactly the same on Saturday night haha. Bloody Reid and Parker, though to be fair Parker was the sub, probably not too happy that he had little influence on the game and Reid does have a little bit of a smile and sings loudly, and at the start you can see him calling in Mattner and Rohan to the circle.
    Yeah, saw that too.

Parker is a real worry, though I'm hoping it's because he hasn't got a permanent spot in the side yet.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    For what it's worth I'm only half joking and mucking around.

Though I'm a body language nut, and like analyzing these things.
    I thought (and hoped) you were.....

BTW I think it's funny that GWS is getting so much press and hoo-ha out of Melbourne, but I haven't seen much interest in Sydney at all. Maybe it's because I don't live or work in the west - maybe out there everyone is draped in orange and counting down the hours till 2012 kickoff?????

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    For $1m/year for 4-5 years I'm sure you could get any player to sing the song in a falsetto voice whilst performing a Cossack dance and juggling three pineapples at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    For $1m/year for 4-5 years I'm sure you could get any player to sing the song in a falsetto voice whilst performing a Cossack dance and juggling three pineapples at the same time.
    For a mil I'll give that a go, and pretty much anything else. Parks would have to know that when Jude goes, that's his spot, and with a pay rise I would imagine, if he did go, we could get a couple of top 20 picks for him though I'd prefer to keep the bugger
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

You know what if players don't want to be a part of the Swans then off they go. I love this club and losing a player like Sam would hurt, but we can't control these things and we have to move on. There is no use worrying over it know or analysing their facial expressions a year before anything happens. The club will will look to sign him up and we've just got to keep faith.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast