Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pre season Training

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    sensible r&wers on deck here.............. a Sydney Swan DribbleOmeter
    Hmmmm........

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    And even better, looks as if Mike's quad muscle is a 10 out of 10! Good news for 2012.
    Now that you mention it, could even be 11 out of 10! Very impressive.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

is that Nick Smith behind Mike Pyke ???

it never ceases to amaze me that some of our best players are so far behind our best runners on the 3km run ie spang finishing ahead of Kizza
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    is that Nick Smith behind Mike Pyke ???

it never ceases to amaze me that some of our best players are so far behind our best runners on the 3km run ie spang finishing ahead of Kizza
    Horses for courses - Cheese was outstanding at the 3km time trial ...
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

yeah.....you would think though that maybe the 3km test is not the bench mark after all given that our top 10 players rarely feature in the rankings !

or maybeeeee it is the benchmark ie only a handful of good 3km runners will actually become a great player......

I think the boys are just so competitive about anything sporty that they compete against each other at any level any time. They keep trying to best their own times. Its more about endurance though. How many would be able to keep to the top runners each and every run, day in and day out.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At the risk of being difficult, and not wanting to ruin the fun for everyone, but what chance the club can post the actual times that people run instead of just pictures of them finishing? Unless I've missed that?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

stella

they say that because the lads are running on grass and undulating fields etc that it is not a true representation of a 3km track time

I remember though Cameron Ling used to run 9.30's at Geelong so handy time but once again it might be right on 3km if like the swans pre season course ????

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    yeah.....you would think though that maybe the 3km test is not the bench mark after all given that our top 10 players rarely feature in the rankings !

or maybeeeee it is the benchmark ie only a handful of good 3km runners will actually become a great player......
    Tell me about it. I reckon it's a great thing none of our key players win their 3km runs. The form line from the winner is not that great from memory.

I think the individual times are considered a little too useful to be disclosed. I don't think any club publishes them in full.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

They don't use a standard course, so the times wouldn't mean anything.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I did wonder about too much info, but surely opposition clubs are getting who is quick/ who tires quickly already?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast