Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pre season Training

We need to improve our skills. Statement and we are very good a dropping the ball and regathering and the like. So the turnover bit is well sorted... LOL

Therefore I Agree and was pleased when I read that we were undertaking skill training this early in the season.

Fumbling and bumberling along is a style, however has become outdated, hopefully We can improve our skill..

Rod_

Happy and I know it

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    He did the program set by the Swans but got the intensity wrong which is hardly a hanging offense for a young bloke. Good to see he's working his bum off to make up the shortfall.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    He did the program set by the Swans but got the intensity wrong which is hardly a hanging offense for a young bloke. Good to see he's working his bum off to make up the shortfall.
    I think the thing for Jetts to work on, and referred to in the article, is his skills. We all know he has the pace and hopefully he's improving his endurance, as expected of any younger player on a list. What I really want to see him further develop is his skills - I believe he can be one of the best kicks in the team and has the potential to be a really good ball distributer a-la an Aaron Davey. I'd like to see some more of this on offer from him in 2012....

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    We need to improve our skills. Statement and we are very good a dropping the ball and regathering and the like. So the turnover bit is well sorted... LOL

Therefore I Agree and was pleased when I read that we were undertaking skill training this early in the season.

Fumbling and bumberling along is a style, however has become outdated, hopefully We can improve our skill..

Rod_
    Agree 100% - get back to basics - ball skills, precision passing, positioning and kicking the bloody ball straight between the big sticks - surely thats what they should be focusing on.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I think the thing for Jetts to work on, and referred to in the article, is his skills. We all know he has the pace and hopefully he's improving his endurance, as expected of any younger player on a list. What I really want to see him further develop is his skills - I believe he can be one of the best kicks in the team and has the potential to be a really good ball distributer a-la an Aaron Davey. I'd like to see some more of this on offer from him in 2012....
    What he needs to do is get where the ball is, not where the ball aint.

I can relate to that. It's like getting dyslexic between the meanings of wash board abs and washing machine abs. Surely the latter had to be better than the former.

It's also good to see that Kruger, TDL and Bird get a mention as making great aqdvances this pre-season.

I don't think Lewis has that much to lose off his bum. He could join his to TDL's and they would still be half a cheek short of some of the senior players.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

The kid had the guts to admit it in writing and we are all slagging off. His version of not fit is not exactly MY version of not fit. He now has a solid benchmark for his future of what "is" and what "is not".

As for skills - they are doing this already and I read somewhere that they are way ahead in timing for this than they were last year, when they were the last team in the comp to start on them. I have always maintained that one of the most important things a team needs is for each player to know each other's strengths, and importantly their weaknesses. If you know someone you are kicking a ball to has a yard of pace then you kick it out in front, if you are aware they are back in the pack you adjust y our kick to their needs.

It will be very interesting to monitor just how this works next year.....cannot wait.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    The kid had the guts to admit it in writing and we are all slagging off.
    Agree with that. At least he has acknowledged it. If it happens again next year, maybe a different kettle of fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Gee it's great to be a female fan of this sport, I think us girls get soooooooo much more out of training photos then the males get!
    It's all a double standard. The ladies can perv on shirtless footballers until the cows come home but when the gents make one comment on some ladies playing sport, it gets deleted.
    And while we're on this topic, nice vid of Reid (and supporting cast)!

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    And while we're on this topic, nice vid of Reid (and supporting cast)!
    Do we know if Reid has been signed up to get him out of GWS reach at the end of 2012?

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Do we know if Reid has been signed up to get him out of GWS reach at the end of 2012?
    Not sure - but there are 16 other clubs that we should be equally concerned about getting their hands on him....

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Not sure - but there are 16 other clubs that we should be equally concerned about getting their hands on him....
    Agreed, but at least the non GWS teams would need to trade the world for him, as I understand it GWS can offer him the world and then take him if uncontracted in 2012 (which I believe is the current status) for a compensation pick. I am sure we would be trying to resign him now to take this particular situation out of play, so the longer he stays unsigned for 2013 the more worried I will get.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345