Thread: First female coach in the VFL

Thumbs up First female coach in the VFL

I admit I know nothing about this lady, but I think this is fantastic. Hope she does a great job!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/po...-1226209668649
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Goes up to 11
    Good for her - some truly ridiculous comments posted beneath the story there already though.....

It's the Internet Jono... It brings out the inner flog in a lot of people.

Good on her though.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Anyone who can coach 5 premierships has got something special. It looks like she also worked at TAC level as an assistant developing the U16 to U18 level. Developing young players is a highly skilled occupation. By the way good on her and I wish her all the success and maybe one day a VFL coaching job.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    By the way good on her and I wish her all the success and maybe one day a VFL coaching job.
    Why install the glass ceiling over the atrium? Nothing to say she couldn't coach at AFL level.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Why install the glass ceiling over the atrium? Nothing to say she couldn't coach at AFL level.
    That may take longer than VFL level. I still believe in the AFL there is still a great deal of resistance to going that far. The next generation I hope will be coaching an AFL Team. I believe in feminism and equality but there are still those at the top level who believe that there are roles for women in football and they do not incluse AFL Coach or AFL Field Umpire. Goal Umpire, Fitness Coach, Physio, Boundary Umpire, Team Doctor, even CEO are now open to women. But see what the rewaction would be from the old boys network at the AFL if you suggested a woman as AFL Coach or AFL Field Umpire (Let alone on the Finals Panel). So far women have received token positions in the AFL but not too many. Certainly there are more women behind the scenes today but still not as many as should be by population percentage

Next we'll be getting women police officers, doctors and judges. Where will it end?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Next we'll be getting women police officers, doctors and judges. Where will it end?
    Gee, I hope not. Who'll make sure my dinners ready when I get home?
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I listened to an interview with Peta Searle on ABC Grandstand and she was pretty impressive. Very grounded and straight forward. Blew the women in the dressing-room thing out of the water and put the interviewer back on her bum. Said she never had need to go into the rooms while they were in a state of undress as her role was to coach and that didn't happen while they were changing.

I work in an organisation that currently has it's third female world leader. I have always been a believer that the best person for any job should be the one who gets it. I hate the "Old boys networks", but I equally hate the "token woman appointment". She is the best person for the job, so good, I hope she has success, particularly as I am a Port Melbourne fan.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Port M have a great tradition and have always done it their way, good on 'em. She is highly qualified after coaching 5 premierships in the Women's League. Seems to be a very good thinker and not short on strategy.