Thread: Woohoo, Footy live on 7Mate

On the Rookie List

Woohoo, Footy live on 7Mate

How good is this for Sydney viewers. Watched Richmond v Carlton live last night and tonight saw an absolutely cracking game between Hawks and Collingwood. Finally, we're getting the benefit of the extra digital stations which the broadcasters have.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Senior Player
    I was not singing the praises of 7mate last week...

...but made up for it tonight, that Hawks/Pies game was terrific. Had a bit of everything (including an excellent call by Chelsea, validated by the review system!)

And no BT.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    How good is this for Sydney viewers. Watched Richmond v Carlton live last night and tonight saw an absolutely cracking game between Hawks and Collingwood. Finally, we're getting the benefit of the extra digital stations which the broadcasters have.
    Absolutely brilliant, that's how good it is.

What's even better is that today's game between the Dockers and Geelong will also be broadcast on 7Mate, so us Sydneysiders will be able to get a good look at our opponents for next week.

And yes, the game between the Hawks and Collingwood was a real cracker. That is the standard we need to play at, but there's no way we would have kept up with either team as things stand at the moment.

Makes you understand the enormity of the challenge for our forward line and the rest of the club as well.

And wasn't tops to see the Pies beaten. Excellent game. Bad luck Buckley (not!);-)

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yesterday afternoon we were at the shops and Stella Junior spotted some chocolate/wafer (dark chocolate, light yellow brown) straw things (the sort that go in to your fancy bowl of ice cream), he grabbed them and said "right, we're getting these- Hawks colours, we can eat one to celebrate each time the Hawks kick a goal!". I spotted some black and white licorice things he rather likes and, thinking I was clever and playing along, said "Great! And we can eat these when Collingwood kick a goal!"; he glared at me with daggers in his eyes and said coldly "I am NOT celebrating a Collingwood goal."

It was a great time, we gave up after 3 of the chocolate straw things but both thoroughly enjoyed the game. It's great that there's so much footy on FTA.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    And wasn't tops to see the Pies beaten. Excellent game. Bad luck Buckley (not!);-)
    Even if the Swans get beat a Pies loss salvages the weekend but now that FIGJAM is in charge it'll make every Pies loss so much sweeter.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    No FTA this afternoon or Sunday afternoon. I know this is because of our match last week and Thursday's match being broadcast on 7 as well, but I feel cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    No FTA this afternoon or Sunday afternoon. I know this is because of our match last week and Thursday's match being broadcast on 7 as well, but I feel cheated.
    Don't you have a digital TV, or at least a set-top box?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    You misunderstand me. There is nothing on 7 or 7mate this Afternoon

Agreed no footy this arvo on MATE

Senior Player
    There's 4 matches a round, plus any Swans and Giants matches that are on Fox.

So only three this weekend on 7Mate.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Yesterday afternoon we were at the shops and Stella Junior spotted some chocolate/wafer (dark chocolate, light yellow brown) straw things (the sort that go in to your fancy bowl of ice cream), he grabbed them and said "right, we're getting these- Hawks colours, we can eat one to celebrate each time the Hawks kick a goal!". I spotted some black and white licorice things he rather likes and, thinking I was clever and playing along, said "Great! And we can eat these when Collingwood kick a goal!"; he glared at me with daggers in his eyes and said coldly "I am NOT celebrating a Collingwood goal."

It was a great time, we gave up after 3 of the chocolate straw things but both thoroughly enjoyed the game. It's great that there's so much footy on FTA.
    Awesome training going on there stellation!

I'm loving all the extra footy on fta.... that was a wonderful game last night between Freo and Geelong - except for that little pest Ballytyne - I so wanted Scarlett to clock him properly.