Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JPK for the brownlow

Regular in the Side

JPK for the brownlow

He has to be a real smokey out there and sitting around the $34.00 mark (wtf).....

i guess the main thing is will the umpires see what he does..He certainly doesn't do the flashy things, but he has to have polled 2 3 vote games so far, he clearly has been best on ground,.

thoughts....

Absolutely, if I had a few dollars to spare on be on Tom Waterhouse .com right now. I guess yr spot on with the problem, he's not a flashy player, but on form will be the standout player for us this year. Yd think Judd or Murphy would be in thte running, but I can see other Carlton players stealing votes off them, Hawks would have same problem, Joel Selwood would be another in teh firing line
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

On the Rookie List
    Big call after only 2 rounds in.....as much as he has been just fantastic after the first 2 games there is still a long long way to go. But as we speak, yes he would have to be some chance for the brownlow.

Another three votes today I'd think.

If he doesn't have at least 8 votes so far the umps are doing it wrong.

Senior Player
    ...though Ablett may have nine.

What a great game Dons/Suns, it's unlikely that Ablettt will pick up 3 votes all that often in losing sides, although today might prove one of the exceptions. He is without doubt the best player running around now, although the Melbourne commentators seem to pick one out of each of Pies, Hawks, Carlton and Geelong to be the best player in the comp.
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    What a great game Dons/Suns, it's unlikely that Ablettt will pick up 3 votes all that often in losing sides, although today might prove one of the exceptions. He is without doubt the best player running around now, although the Melbourne commentators seem to pick one out of each of Pies, Hawks, Carlton and Geelong to be the best player in the comp.
    Oh... I don't know about that. Bobby Skilton managed to win three Brownlows in losing sides!

Ablett is now the first AFL player to get 40+possies 4 games in a row. JPK has a way to go yet.
    Last edited by aardvark; 15th April 2012 at 11:08 AM.

Regular in the Side
    possessions dont mean crap (ala priddis from the toasters), though i do concede Alblett is the exception. Abletts problem will be can alway poll high in the losing sides...

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    With our draw. Itd be a good idea to go with jpk leading at the half way point.

If that option still exists?

Kennedy's going to poll well if he keeps this up but the only thing that'll stop Ablett winning if he keeps playing like this is injury or suspension. He could have gone up there and phoned it in but he's been magnificent.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast