Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 7: Sydney Uni v Sydney Swans Reserves

Ressies Live Stream this weekend here....

So we get to see Mitchell in action!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    So we get to see Mitchell in action!
    and hopefully Matt Spangher.

I'll be heading over to have a look. Love to see Mitchell play.

I'll be right behind the Interchange bench observing.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'll be heading over to have a look. Love to see Mitchell play.

I'll be right behind the Interchange bench observing.
    Make sure you give us a wave....

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Make sure you give us a wave....
    I'll try and start a Mexican wave if the footy gets a bit boring.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

I'll try and start a Mexican wave if the footy gets a bit boring.
    Good luck with that, maybe you could jump up on the coaches box and shake your booty

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Good luck with that, maybe you could jump up on the coaches box and shake your booty
    And who coaches the Ressies when Crouch is mysteriously crushed by a collapsed roof??

Senior Player
    Any idea when McNeil will get a game in the seniors? I went to primary school with him and I'm keen to see how he goes.

Big fan of Dyl's and he's been going pretty well in the Ressies this year. The way our midfield is firing in the seniors it'll be tough for him to crack a spot but if he keeps working hard and playing well then anything can happen.

Glad to see they are livestreaming for the tragics. I'm in.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Big fan of Dyl's and he's been going pretty well in the Ressies this year. The way our midfield is firing in the seniors it'll be tough for him to crack a spot but if he keeps working hard and playing well then anything can happen.
    ... that IS one of the keys to the senior sides success at present. Remember Kane Murphy and James Brain were both told to go and have a crack interstate after impressive seasons as top up mids last year. We have real depth of developing players to cover those roles, and then added Mitchell this season.

NB: I recorded last nights SANFL match from ABC - South v Port - and was pleasantly surprised to see that James Brain has made the Magpies senior side, and played quite well ... it was interesting to get some sort of a line on the differences between NEAFL and SANFL ... the speed of the game is probably a little quicker, and James did seem a bit rushed at times, but his fitness brought him into it as the game went on, and he certainly did not look out of place. As he got more confident he got more ball and used it well. His tackling was a stand out, which the commentators did mention a few times, seeing as he's from an NRL state, but they couldn't quite work out how he had been with both Brisbane (scholarship) and the Swans (academy) ... it was also mildly humorous when one of them got the opportunity to use the obviously rehearsed line " ... that was an intelligent kick by Brain ..."

Both those sides are struggling for wins this season, and from what I saw, I reckon the better NEAFL sides would easily be competitive with them.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast