Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 9: Sydney Swans Reserves v Eastlake Demons

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Round 9: Sydney Swans Reserves v Eastlake Demons

NEAFL Round 9
    Sydney Swans Reserves v Eastlake Demons
    Saturday 19th May 2012 1.00 pm
    Sydney Cricket Ground

The Reserves return from their trip north with the 4 points in the bag after a stirring away win over the previously top of the table Brisbane Lions Reserves. They will be in a confident mood when they face one of the NEAFL Eastern Conference's biggest improvers this year in the Eastlake Demons. Under the guidance of new senior coach Anthony Bourke, the Demons have had some impressive wins already this season - including triumphs over last year's premiers Ainslie and the might of the UWS Giants in Round 6.

Eastern Conference Ladder
    TeamPlayedWinsLossesDrawsForAgainstPercentagePoints
    Queanbeyan6510828472175.42%20
    Eastlake7520759581130.64%20
    Reserves7430959511187.67%16
    Hills Eagles743077080196.13%16
    Ainslie743069874393.94%16
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UWS633051862682.75%12
    Belconnen715166278784.12%6
    Sydney Uni715154793258.69%4
    Tuggeranong706154799355.09%2

Past Meetings
    R2 Reserves 12.11 (83) defeated Eastlake 4.9 (33) @ Ainslie Oval
    After a poor, goalless first quarter, the Ressies regrouped and went on to record a comfortable victory to open the 2011 season in style. Trent Dennis-Lane kicked 3 goals while topup and academy player Kane Murphy was named BOG
    Goals: Dennis-Lane 3, Guthrie 2, Murphy 2, Haren 2, Currie, Sumner, Moore
    Best: Murphy, Gordon, McNeil, Sumner, McKaigue, Currie

R16 Reserves 15.11 (101) defeated Eastlake 12.9 (81) @ Lakeside Oval
    An early start at Lakeside and a small number of listed players (9) proved no impediment to the Ressies who kicked away to a 6 goal half time lead. However the Demons fought back strongly in the 2nd half as the young topups tired only for the Swans to hang on.
    Goals: Gordon 3, Murphy 3, Brain 2, Seaby 2, Moore, Heath, Jack, McNeil, Otten
    Best: Moore, Seaby, Bevan, Murphy, Gordon, Brain

Recent Form
    Reserves
    R1 UWS Away WIN 151-34
    R2 BYE
    R3 Gold Coast Home LOSS 55-91
    R4 Ainslie Away LOSS 85-111
    R5 Tuggeranong Home WIN 213-41
    R6 NT Thunder Away LOSS 90-112
    R7 Sydney Uni Away WIN 239-36
    R8 Brisbane Away WIN 120-86

Eastlake
    R1 BYE
    R2 Tuggeranong Away WIN 135-75
    R3 Sydney Uni Away WIN 109-82
    R4 Queanbeyan Away LOSS 85-121
    R5 Mt Gravatt Home LOSS 87-102
    R6 UWS Home WIN 103-85
    R7 Ainslie Away WIN 109-65
    R8 Belconnen Home WIN 131-51

Last Round
    Brisbane Reserves 11.20 (86) defeated by Reserves 18.12 (120)
    The Reserves travelled to Brisbane to upset the Lions who aided the Swans by being incredibly wasteful in front of goal. The Swans stormed to a 6 goal lead at quarter time and maintained a 4 goal lead at the main break and despite a couple of Lions surges in the 2nd half, confidently withstood the fusillade of shots from Brisbane to win quite comfortably. Mitch Morton continued his goal glut by bagging 8 to complement his 10 the previous week. Captain Jarred Moore dominated the stoppages yet again aided by the taps of big Canuck Mike Pyke

Goals: Morton 8 Walsh 2, Davis, Thurgarland, Spangher, Cunningham, Moody, Bosschieter, Moore, Meredith
    Best: Moore, Pyke, Walsh, Cunningham, Biggs, Heath

Eastlake 20.11 (131) defeated Belconnen 7.9 (51)
    A good spread of goalkickers proved too much for the Belconnen defence to handle as Eastlake cruised to their 5th victory of the year.

Goals: Taylforth 3, Bruce 3, Wiles 3, Dean 3, Armstrong 2, Maiden 2, Smith, Roulstone, Coward, Mesman
    Best: Wiles, Moody, Gray, Maiden, Trew, Bruce

Team List
    Listed players
    #NameGamesGoalsVotesNotes
    1Mark SEABY226No sugar coating, he was dropped and career looks to be in limbo
    6Tom MITCHELL200His game time will be upped again this week
    7Brett MEREDITH653Despite not being named in the best last week, reportedly had a good game
    10Mitch MORTON7309Did a "TDL" in kicking a big bag but not being recognised in the best list!
    11Jed LAMB780Season slowly slipping by.
    13Andrejs EVERITT100In his last appearance ended up playing as the main ruckman after Seaby received the late call-up to replace Mumford (Seniors emergency)
    18Jesse WHITE273Yo-yo-ing between the two grades doing him no favours (Seniors emergency)
    19Tony ARMSTRONG516 Playing well but no spot in the back six in the seniors for him at the moment (Seniors emergency)
    23Jordan LOCKYER310Keen to see what role he's assigned
    27Matthew SPANGHER100The highlights package showed a strong mark and lead from the Spang, he's returned in the forwards
    28Dylan McNEIL721Might struggle with game time due to the restrictions on the number of listed players on the field.
    33Jarred MOORE7826Picked up his 2nd consecutive BOG this year and has clearly been the best player in the reserves. Leading by example.
    35Campbell HEATH7012The most likely candidate to face in-form Demon Aaron Bruce
    42Jack LYNCH758Had trouble with some of the Lions' tall timber last week, will be hoping to bounce back.
    43Eugene KRUGER510Another who could see lesser game time.
    44Harry CUNNINGHAM635Still keeping his name thereabouts with solid performances in the lats 2 rounds
    45Nathan GORDON5153Flew to Melbourne last week as the emergency.
    46Shane BIGGS532Earnt his first votes last week.
    Changes
    In: Seaby (seniors demotion), Everitt(seniors demotion), White(seniors demotion), Gordon (non-playing senior emergency)
    Out: Tommy Walsh (seniors promotion), Mike Pyke (seniors promotion)

The strongest reserves lineup of the year and one of the strongest in recent times. The return of LRT to the seniors after his bruised heel and the availability of Nippa after his travelling emergency role swells the number of listed players to maximum allowed of 18. With only 14 allowed on the field at any one time, 4 will spend more time on the bench than usual but will see greater action in the 2nd half when returning players such as Mitchell, Spangher and Lockyer are taken off as a precaution.

Academy Players/Topups
    #NameGame-sGoalsVotesNotes
    47Jackson POTTER720 
    ?Jack DAVIS410 
    ?Andrew GULDEN100 
    ?Lachlan KILPATRICK100 
    ?James LEWINGTON100 
    ?Sam NAISMITH000 
    Changes
    In: Gulden, Kilpatrick, Lewington, Naismith
    Out: Nathan Bosschieter, Nathan Kenny, Andrew Moody, Paul Sain, Thomas Thurgarland

First appearance of Naismith who is a Swans Academy player.

Reserves leading goalkickers

• Mitch Morton 30
    • Trent Dennis-Lane, Nathan Gordon 15
    • Tommy Walsh 14

For full list: 2012 Goalkickers - RWOwiki

Reserves leading votegetters

• Jarred Moore 26
    • Tommy Walsh 16
    • Campbell Heath, Mike Pyke 12

For full list: 2012 Best Votes - RWOwiki

Eastlake Squad

• 1. Josh MOODY
    • 3. Mitch FRAIL
    • 4. Aaron BRUCE
    • 5. Hayden ARMSTRONG
    • 6. John VAN MEURS
    • 8. Tim GRAY
    • 10. Ryan BRABAZON
    • 11. Justin MESMAN
    • 12. Aaron WILES
    • 13. Rick STOYANOFF
    • 14. Ben MAIDEN
    • 15. Sam SMITH
    • 16. Max WILSON
    • 17. Myles TREW
    • 21. Scott BODEN
    • 22. Mark KIMBALL
    • 28. Matthew DEAN
    • 30. Tom AYTON
    • 32. Dean ROULSTONE
    • 34. Daniel RYALL
    • 36. Nick PERRY
    • 46. Mitch TAYLFORTH
    • 47. Ben GAYNOR
    • 53. Declan O'ROURKE
    • 56. Callum SANDISON
    • D COWARD
    • T RATCLIFFE

In: Ratcliffe, Kimball
    Out: Jess JOHNSON

Two familiar names in Aaron Bruce and Ryan Brabazon who were regulars with the Reserves when they were listed with the Swans. Bruce has been in terrific form, being the Demons' leading goalkicker (23) and 3rd overall in the NEAFL Eastern Conference. Brabazon has only recently returned to action in the last month but has already stood out as one of Eastlake's best ball winners in the midfield. Mitch Frail has proved a competent standin in the ruck for their captain Chad Gibson, who hasn't played since Round 4.

Summary
    With a strong squad well stocked at all positions throughout the ground, the Reserves will start as hot favourites to defeat Eastlake. However with plenty of players capable of causing damage, do not expect the Demons to roll over and concede defeat easily.

Veteran Site Admin
    Goody. Something extra to look forward to in this game. The return of Braba to the SCG!

Does anyone know if the cream of the Academy / scholarship players are on RAMS duty at the moment? Does that explain the absence of the likes of Wray, Robinson and Jack?

Yes there's a training camp in Albury.

Looking forward to a full report on The Spang !!

Thanks Ugg. I am looking forward to seeing the boys at home today. Following Shane Biggs very closely, he has beautiful balance and delivery. I hope all the boys have a good game and give us a big win.

Twitter from 1pm @swansreserves
    See my sig for link.

Finally got a new phone that won't run out of battery by halftime, so I'll also tweet observations like the old days...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Finally got a new phone that won't run out of battery by halftime, so I'll also tweet observations like the old days...
    As someone who uses a work supplied HTC user, I can only assume this translates as "I will not be using a HTC".
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Opti-pessi-misti
    Good to see Campbell Heath's name up there in the leading vote getters. His grit and determination must be first class. I know Tony Armstrong offers something different and is rightly looked at for what he can bring to the seniors but I am wondering where you ressie watchers think CH might fit in. Do you see a future for him if he can remain knee injury free?

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    As someone who uses a work supplied HTC user, I can only assume this translates as "I will not be using a HTC".
    I got one of those blasted things too. Its spent more time being repaired than in use so far. HTC never again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I got one of those blasted things too. Its spent more time being repaired than in use so far. HTC never again.
    Mine is yet to go in for repair, however I suspect that's because it's yet to stay turned on long enough for me to do much to it!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline

Blog Entries
    Are all senior emergencies playing? It sounds like Jesse is.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast