Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: free agency

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Just reading the requirements there - does that mean the club must publicly state the top 25% of earners on the list?

If so, that creates a line.
    Not quite, platers who are free agents are just listed along with their type (restricted or unrestricted).

The trouble with 'Free Agency' is that a player who has totally free agency is likely to be toward the end of their career. I want players who are dead set in either the start or middle of their careers. I am not adverse to a Mature Age Recruit at all! Some players do not mature until they are a little older and then they flourish, look at Kirkie!

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    The trouble with 'Free Agency' is that a player who has totally free agency is likely to be toward the end of their career. I want players who are dead set in either the start or middle of their careers. I am not adverse to a Mature Age Recruit at all! Some players do not mature until they are a little older and then they flourish, look at Kirkie!
    More likely coming into their prime...18+7=25
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    More likely coming into their prime...18+7=25
    Totally Free Agency is 10 years service. Partial Free Agency is 8 years service. Most AFL players start their career at 19 these days so they are 27 with Partial and 29 with full if they get to play in their 19th year. In my opinion I would not look at players who are 28 or 29 because of their limited viability.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 2nd June 2012 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    We probably need to start looking for young HBF and running players, maybe another inside mid to go with JPK, Parker and next year Mitchell. Still think we need more speed in the legs, ability to spread and run forward on the rebound, while it would be nice to have a FF of Clokes ability, he's not much good if the ball never gets there or comes in like a balloon and there's no support at ground level. The players on this list are mainly older, I'd rather add young players to grow with the core we have now
    I don't think our mids are the problem I think we have been killed on the set up in the mids a few times this year. We need another tall Back player. We have forwards if they ever get to play in the Seniors this year. We need a new young ruck! Bring Mitchell into the equation and I'm telling you we won't lose many mid contests. Biggs should be taken off the rookie list and put on the main list. As much as Harry is exciting Biggs is consistent and so bloody good in his efficiency. He has been in the best players every week since he came back from injury and that tells me he is performing consistently. I have seen this kid play and I believe he is a very special talent. He has the innate ability to read the play and his delivery is superb!

Totally Free Agency is 10 years service. Partial Free Agency is 8 years service. Most AFL players start their career at 19 these days so they are 27 with Partial and 29 with full if they get to play in their 19th year. In my opinion I would not look at players who are 28 or 29 because of their limited viability.
    If North Melbourne had thought that way in the 70's they wouldn't have won two flags. This free agency is just the same as the now defunct 10 year rule that allowed North to build a premiership team with Barassi at thw helm. Rantall, Wade etc etc were all players who had played 10 years with their original clubs.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    To be a free agent, you have to become a secret agent first.

Seems no one is chasing any of our guys. Unless its a secret.

Time to start the O'Keefe rumours to Carlton again. RWO posters have already proved that Goodes is not happy with Longmire, so wouldn't Eddie be keen to get him down to the Mugpies.

It would free a considerable amount of money in our cap to trade for a Suns or GWS yet unsigned up and coming star.

Sadly Goodes has reached the stage like Crouch before him. Body breaks down.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Won Collingwood a Premiership 2 years ago.

So you might have to keep your eyes closed with this one. Although Swans don't have the other players to support mature players.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    To be a free agent, you have to become a secret agent first.

Seems no one is chasing any of our guys. Unless its a secret.

Time to start the O'Keefe rumours to Carlton again. RWO posters have already proved that Goodes is not happy with Longmire, so wouldn't Eddie be keen to get him down to the Mugpies.

It would free a considerable amount of money in our cap to trade for a Suns or GWS yet unsigned up and coming star.

Sadly Goodes has reached the stage like Crouch before him. Body breaks down.
    This qualifies as teh most ridiculous post ever seen. Trade Goodes? which team do u follow, clearly not a Swans supporter
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

I'd hardly call Goodes injury prone, this is the only time I can remember him missing games through injury.

Just wild about Harry
    Goodes is on the veterans list so isnt half of his salary not included in the cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Goodes is on the veterans list so isnt half of his salary not included in the cap?
    Clearly, looking at the rules around veterans he would be. I think this is the reason for moving B1 and ROK out of teh middle this year, to both give the younger players a chance to prove themselves and to try to get another year out of our veterans. Maybe teh Swans have a big name player in their sights for next year
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast