Thread: Elephant in the room

Elephant in the room

Has anyone else noted that since Neil Craig left Adelaide the team has gone from lousy to strong.

Since Neil Craig arrived at Melbourne, things have gone from bad to rotten.

Not saying, just wondering if anyone else has noted the graph.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I had the same thought Primmy. But I suspect, as others have said, there's something wrong with the culture when two newbies are made joint captains. Why is there no older player prepared to put his hand up? Or is there no older player sufficiently respected by the players? Either way it's a serious problem.
    Makes me grateful for what was worked out at the Swans.
    An afterthought: could we see them end up in Tassie?
    Last edited by dimelb; 21st May 2012 at 12:37 PM.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I think Melbournes problem run deeper than Neil Craig. As Roosy kept saying during the game, its the playing group. They were just as bad under a different set of coaches. And their list has some super talented players.

Maybe they just don't want to play for Melbourne? Maybe the club should merge and form a super team?

Whatever it is..the demons have always been terrible. You can have the best coach in the league in that club and for no reason known to man, they still struggle.

Again i think nobody wants to be a part of the Melbourne Footy Club.

Merge Melbourne and Norf, still have a bad team
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Merge Melbourne and Norf, still have a bad team
    I like the sound of the North Melbourne Demons.

You could probably ditch the word North over time as well.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Move them to Tassie, and they'd be the Tassie........
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Everything I've read about Tom Scully has suggested that he is a clean skin and a pretty serious young man that from day 1 just wanted to get stuck in at training, and was almost obsessive about being an elite athlete/footballer- chatting recently to someone who is involved with GWS they said this is very much the case with him, that he has very high expectations of professionalism on himself and on those in the playing group.

It was suggested at the time that he left Melbourne the lack of professionalism (yes, yes- and money!), and just taking football seriously, at the club from both the playing group and the coaching staff was one of the big issues in him wanting to leave. I wonder if any of the Melbourne fans who are now (understandably) throwing up their hands in disgust/confusion at the general mess that is their football club have changed their view on Tom.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Being drafted to the demons would suck if i was 17 and trying to break into AFL.

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Move them to Tassie, and they'd be the Tassie........
    Devils. You know it makes sense!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Veterans List
    When thinking Tassie I'm thinking North Melboune should relocate there.

I've just been humming the Norf song in my head and you can substitute Tasmania for North Melbourne perfectly. Good old Tasmania, they're always on the ball, isn't that how the song goes.

Looking at how Norf's season is going, I think they should have taken the $ and draft concessions on offer by the AFL a few years back and gone to the Gold Coast. Brayshaw has a lot to answer for now they are slipping into oblivion.

Tasmania will be premiers just you wait and see ..... mmmm, yes, that has a blue and white ring to it!