Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bombers vs Swans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    I would think Spahnger is almost a certainty and perhaps Nipper a chance too. Malceski or Everitt to possibly come in with the sub vest too.

Looking at 2-3 changes. May look like this IMO

IN: Spangher, Gordon, Malceski
    OUT: Parker (inj), McGlynn (Susp), Pyke
    Can't see Pyke getting dropped when that combo worked so well, even in the wet. You'd think under the roof would be even better for three talls.

I don't know why Malceski was dropped so who knows if he's done what he needs to do to come back in. Both Spang AND Nipper might just be one wild child too many and too soon. So I'm going to vote for Spang and Mal for Parker and McGlynn.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Can't see Pyke getting dropped when that combo worked so well, even in the wet. You'd think under the roof would be even better for three talls.

I don't know why Malceski was dropped so who knows if he's done what he needs to do to come back in. Both Spang AND Nipper might just be one wild child too many and too soon. So I'm going to vote for Spang and Mal for Parker and McGlynn.
    My concern comes with the Bomber's speed and carry. I don't think we can go with 3 talls despite being under the roof. We need some more run and carry this week.
    Swannies for life!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    2012: NAB Cup lost to Ess 2 points Etihad.....

C'mon Swannies, play well in Melbourne and we're in the top two by the end of the round.

Its been a long time since the Swans beat a top 6 team in Melbourne in an Away game. The last time was 5 years ago, when they beat 3rd place Hawthorn in Round 11 at the MCG. In effect, for the past 12 years, all of the Swans' Away wins in Melbourne against a top 6 side have been only against two clubs, the Hawks and the Demons:

2007 Round 11 v Hawthorn (3rd) MCG
    2006 Round 19 v Melbourne (3rd) MCG
    2005 Round 16 v Melbourne (4th) Docklands
    2004 Round 20 v Melbourne (3rd) Docklands
    2002 Round 21 v Melbourne (5th) MCG
    2001 Round 15 v Hawthorn (2nd) MCG

The last time Sydney beat a highly ranked Essendon team in Melbourne was way, way back in Round 12, 1989, (nearly quarter of century ago), when they beat then the 4rd place Bombers at Windy Hill 55 to 50.

I agree: c'mon Swans, just for once can we have a good win in the Victorian capital against a quality team.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Its been a long time since the Swans beat a top 6 team in Melbourne in an Away game. The last time was 5 years ago, when they beat 3rd place Hawthorn in Round 11 at the MCG
    Elimination Final last year?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Elimination Final last year?
    "Away" with a capital "A" meaning within the context of the Home and Away season.

Feeling a little sick in the stomach at the prospect of this game. No Goodes, no Parker, no Rohan, no McGlynn, a very hungry and much improved Essendon, a very un-Sydney like Sydney who seem to lack that characteristic desperation when the going gets tough this year, a bad record at Melbourne, a physically tough game against the Dogs, a 6 day break...

If we win this I think it might be miraculous. I really hope we get the job done, but I'm not hold out much hope. Whatever happens I hope it's not a close one like the last few games against the Dons. Real heart-racing sort of stuff and I don't know if I could take that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post

I don't have cold hard facts but from the Richmond and St Kilda losses, Malceski tended to unintentionally kick the ball to a non-Swans player.

That awkward moment when you realise Jetta is equal 4th on the league goalkicking table. Looking forward to seeing him make amends for "that handball".

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    Feeling a little sick in the stomach at the prospect of this game. No Goodes, no Parker, no Rohan, no McGlynn, a very hungry and much improved Essendon, a very un-Sydney like Sydney who seem to lack that characteristic desperation when the going gets tough this year, a bad record at Melbourne, a physically tough game against the Dogs, a 6 day break...

If we win this I think it might be miraculous. I really hope we get the job done, but I'm not hold out much hope. Whatever happens I hope it's not a close one like the last few games against the Dons. Real heart-racing sort of stuff and I don't know if I could take that.
    Agree that a win in this situation would be miraculous. A win v. the Bombers in Melbourne is so rare that for it to happen at all is practically a miracle!

But if we do lose I'd rather it be close, so we can protect our awesome % going into the bye.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Wonder if the coaches will start trying to up his work rate to bring him in to cover for Parker. Seems perfect cover for him.
    I don't think they'll rush him for fear of recurrance of his knee

We will need to take last weeks start into this game to quiet the Essendon support and get the match ups right from the word go, put on enough pressure any team can be beaten anywhere, the boys just need to be up for it
    Last edited by GongSwan; 5th June 2012 at 01:56 PM.
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Essendon got beaten by Melbourne three days ago and the Bombers won by this game last year by just one point. With Mumford back we should go into this match with a lot of confidence. Play quarters and we'll win.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Only played half a game of ressies this week, no chance
    According to Ugg he played about 3/4 of a game and 70 mins the week before. He got in the best. We may need him now Bennie has been suspended.

I would like to see hane Biggs given a go on the main list as he keeps getting in the best for the Two's. He is also versatile as he can play HB or Mid.

This week; I would risk Mitchell and maybe either Morton or Nipper. Only worried about Nipper's delivery.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast