Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 11 V Bombers

Benny deserved it. Very silly 50m behind the play.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Now we need to replace 2 small tough, go get the ball types.
    Who in the 2's fits the bill......Is it time to unveil Tommy Mitchell ?
    Circumstances may mean YES !
    As for the other spot....nominations anyone?
    Bring back the Bulldog - Jarred Moore.

Senior Player
    Shame about Ben McGlynn if he's out; he's been good over the last couple of weeks. It does open the way back in for Spangher though.

OUT: McGlynn, Parker
    IN: Spangher, Mal (to play sub)

I'd be really keen to see Biggs (third in the NEAFL best list) or Cunningham (first promoted) blooded, but suspect it'll be Mal straight back it.

I posted this in another Bomber's thread...may have to merge.

Anywho...this is my changes for this week
    IN: Spangher, Gordon, Malceski
    OUT: Parker (inj), McGlynn (Susp), Pyke
    Swannies for life!

Please not Malceski.
    He's given us nothing but turnovers lately. We must look further afield.
    Let's see what Nipper can offer.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Shaw Teddy AJ
    Smith Grundy Mattner

Macca JPK Jetts
    Bolton Mummy Hannes

Jack Reid ROK
    TDL LRT Pyke

Interchange:
    Bird
    Nipper
    Mitchell
    Sub = Armstrong
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

no way should mike pyke be dropped. ive never been a fan boy of his, its just the simple facts are the bombers have two skinny ruckman who cover a lot of ground in bellchambers and ryder.. mumford needs a 2nd at least for a bit longer to ease him into it, and also a good time to work out how to play two rucks in the team at once like all the succesful teams have.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    My concern comes with the Bomber's speed and carry. I don't think we can go with 3 talls despite being under the roof. We need some more run and carry this week.
    I agree wholeheartedly with Matt79, their speed is our greatest threat. The loss of Parker and probably McGlynn will further exacerbate this problem. In that light I think to replace either of the two missing runners with 'Dre or Spanky (as recommended on this thread) seems a truly mad option.

However from the reserves report it seems the cupboard is looking more than a little bare. Mal's fit, Meredith and Lamb didn't play last week, so who knows . . .
    Perhaps we will see the return of Stumpy Moore?
    Or will young Harry be re-elevated?
    Or, dare I even think it, will Bazza'sBoy make a premature debut as a sub?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Moore had a good game in the 2's, so he'd be an obvious replacement for Parker or McGlynn.

If we go in like for like, you'd expect Armstrong to come in full time as well.

A pity to keep spranger out, but I think if they really wanted him to play, it may be TDL in trouble. (forward for forward).
    TDL is good for our structure, and has some leg speed, but maybe spranger is the better player overall.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Moore had a good game in the 2's, so he'd be an obvious replacement for Parker or McGlynn.

If we go in like for like, you'd expect Armstrong to come in full time as well.

A pity to keep spranger out, but I think if they really wanted him to play, it may be TDL in trouble. (forward for forward).
    TDL is good for our structure, and has some leg speed, but maybe spranger is the better player overall.
    Please don't have TDL dropped - I feel he and Myke are just coming up to seniors speed and could be invaluable as the season unfolds. And neither are put out by the big games pressure. In fact I think Myke, fast and big, could trouble the Bombers. And we all know how clever TDL can be - hopefully he'll continue to play that Milne-like goal sneak better each week after getting some solid match time.

But it's also six days after a lot of effort on a wet ground so the selectors may have to see how everyone comes up this week - and how to select specifically for the Bombers.

TDL? Surely he keeps his spot. We look so much more dangerous with him up forward. I cant be the only one that sees that.
    Why not bring Mitchell in for his first game? Mitchell for Parker seems like a natural swap to me. If he's not ready yet, then Bulldog.
    Spangher is ready, so bring him back for Benny.
    Eski hasn't given us much this year. Give Armstrong the start - lets see what he can do for us.

in mitchell and morton unless hes injured
    out parker mcglynn
    Theres not much left to say

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast