Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chooseday night football (Fox Footy) - on now

Veteran Site Admin

Chooseday night football (Fox Footy) - on now

For anyone reading this now who has Fox Footy, they are showing a replay of a late 2002 game against the Roos from the SCG. Roosey is coaching, Kelly and Kirk are starring, Hall is suspended, Jude still looks like a bleached blond choirboy, Kennelly has hair, Goodsey is in the ruck, and ROK is emerging as a quality forward of the future.

They are nearing the end of the third quarter but from memory, the final quarter was a belter, with the Swans stealing it at the death after Cressa "won" himself a free kick (unless I have my Roos games confused - I'll find out in half an hour).

No this is a different game. I flew up from Melbourne for this one. The Cresswell game was earlier that season, also at the SCG. This was a Kangaroos 'home' game. You'll enjoy the last quarter.

Veteran Site Admin
    You're right. I definitely got my games mixed up - I just knew that game was around the same vintage.

Ten goal barrage in the final quarter - wonderful stuff.

For those who didn't know it was on, if you have FF and a means to record, it is being replayed at 8am on Friday morning if you fancy a reminder blast from the past.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    I watched it in memory of the old stands.

Although couldn't work out why Cresswell kept taking the ball all the time. Perhaps thats what happened to Kennelly's hair.

At least Saddo works for NSW AFL now.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Is that the one where Barry took a screamer from a David King foray forward?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    For those who didn't know it was on, if you have FF and a means to record, it is being replayed at 8am on Friday morning if you fancy a reminder blast from the past.
    Thx Liz, all set up and ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Is that the one where Barry took a screamer from a David King foray forward?
    Thats the one.

What a belter of a last q.

Any wonder we didn't make the finals that year, can't do it with players like Bennett, Brockman, and Stevens in the team.

Couldn't help but think the great PK went out one year early. Just fantastic in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You're right. I definitely got my games mixed up - I just knew that game was around the same vintage.

Ten goal barrage in the final quarter - wonderful stuff.

Bloody winds, my foxtel is down and no tech available till friday PM

I'll go b ack to my silver box of footy recordings (no kidding, since 1997 I have nearly all of the winning games, even redubbed the video ones onto disk) and dig it out to watch in tandem with you lot.

PS: Found it. Interesting notes on cover.

Willo destroys them
    KB gives Kirky a wrap
    Peb stood tall
    Leo's Leap!
    Kells Big Night Out.

Jewels, if you want help you could PN me?
    Last edited by Primmy; 6th June 2012 at 04:00 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I'll go b ack to my silver box of footy recordings (no kidding, since 1997 I have nearly all of the winning games, even redubbed the video ones onto disk) and dig it out to watch in tandem with you lot.

PS: Found it. Interesting notes on cover.

Willo destroys them
    KB gives Kirky a wrap
    Peb stood tall
    Leo's Leap!
    Kells Big Night Out.

Jewels, if you want help you could PN me?
    But what do you do when you want to relive a loss Prim?

I'd probably slit my throat. Never kept a loss. I get too crabby. I don't even like draws.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veteran Site Admin
    I have most of our wins on tape too, but all on VHS, and I suspect many are too old to be watchable.

I even have a couple of losses saved somewhere. I think I may have the 2006 GF somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast