Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Swans v Bombers Game Day Thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    On the replay it was clearly high and Hanners was gone before he hit the deck. If the MRP is consistent he is in a bit of trouble whether it was deliberate or not. He had the pill and was in a crouched position.
    THat would be my read too - nothing particularly nasty but the precedents are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    I would just like to remind everyone that we won,the Bombers lost! Had we taken a few more chances they would never have come close. Had the umpiring been consistent, we would have received a few more frees in that last quarter. A great win in the end hanging on when the game started to look like it was lost!
    nothing to add just like the post
    Theres not much left to say

AFL 360, all about the bombers poor disposal. No talk of our pressure, how well we played. Give us some credit you flogs !!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    AFL 360, all about the bombers poor disposal. No talk of our pressure, how well we played. Give us some credit you flogs !!
    I'd much rather they do not analyse where we went well. Let our opposition figure that out for themselves rather than have it graphically presented on a TV show.

I doubt too many coaches get their opposition analyses from Robbos ramblings. My point is we didn't rate a mention, it was all about the bombers. Just a bit dissapointing, but not unexpected of course

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I doubt too many coaches get their opposition analyses from Robbos ramblings. My point is we didn't rate a mention, it was all about the bombers. Just a bit dissapointing, but not unexpected of course
    The longer the good stuff we've been doing this season stays under the radar, the better. Our bandwagon needs no outsiders on it - Swans fans can see the potential of this team, but I'd like to think noone else will see it anytime soon. We should not care if the media rates us or not... it'll make the success all the better

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's so much love for the Swans OTC I needed to wipe the dribble off the TV then realised it was on the inside!

Originally Posted by SwansFan1972

Reckon you're spot on - Hirdy would never admit it, but he hates the Swans. More likely distaste rather than disrespect though. Goes all the way back to 96 . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post

Who knows maybe it goes back even further to the Swans rejection of him in favour of Ben Aulich?
    You probably have something there! Recruiting miss-steps look pretty ugly in hindsight don't they!

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    There's so much love for the Swans OTC I needed to wipe the dribble off the TV then realised it was on the inside!
    I'm liking the love and am happy for the media to talk us up as much as they see fit. Sometime in the near future this team will have an aura of invincibility about it that the media will lap up, opposition teams will fear, and opposing fans will look on with a mix of awe and jealousy...

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I'm liking the love and am happy for the media to talk us up as much as they see fit. Sometime in the near future this team will have an aura of invincibility about it that the media will lap up, opposition teams will fear, and opposing fans will look on with a mix of awe and jealousy...
    Do not post this on big footy sorry, the other site. I don't think there is a team that looks forward to a trip to the SCG, why oh why did we sign a deal with ANZ?
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

I am impressed with Tony Armstrong. His kicking is really great. A fantastic effort off the half back line getting 24 disposals. Some of our mids didn't get that many on a night of long kicking that kept disposals down to a minimum. We have the makings of a really great team and I think even better to come very soon and in the next few years. Just hope it can all come together and the Coaching staff can get the best out of them.

Just want to say that some of the guys coming through have very good delivery skills. Lockyer, Biggs, Mitchell etc & I hope Brown is also good in that department. Time will tell.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 12th June 2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Add More content

The next few years will see some retirements though, hence my earlier request to start using some young blood on the bench as sub. Start sorting out who we have going forward into the next 5 years
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh