Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 12 v The Cats

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Why are people not a fan of mal anymore? hes been brilliant for us over his career and just needs his confidence and form back.
    You bag LRT and then come out with this. Hypocritical.

Someone to stand stevie j all night and annoy him, he will snap

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    Nick Smith? Nick Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    A job for Mr Shaw I think....

Senior Player
    Next game -
    IN: McGlynn, Goodes
    OUT: Malceski, Everitt

That's the easy bit. Getting Parker and Spangher in will be more difficult. Once Mummy is up to speed (and Goodes is back and can play out of FF) I imagine a forward, probably Spangher, will come in for Pyke and LRT will play second ruck/forward. But who will Parker come in for? Armstrong must stay in the team now, clearly. TDL is neat and intelligent, but his modest output keeps his place under threat. Is Parker a replacement for him, with him/JPK/McGlynn/Bolton to rotate through his spot.

Eventually -
    IN: Parker, Spangher/Morton
    OUT: TDL, Pyke

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly View Post
    Next game -
    IN: McGlynn, Goodes
    OUT: Malceski, Everitt

That's the easy bit. Getting Parker and Spangher in will be more difficult. Once Mummy is up to speed (and Goodes is back and can play out of FF) I imagine a forward, probably Spangher, will come in for Pyke and LRT will play second ruck/forward. But who will Parker come in for? Armstrong must stay in the team now, clearly. TDL is neat and intelligent, but his modest output keeps his place under threat. Is Parker a replacement for him, with him/JPK/McGlynn/Bolton to rotate through his spot.

Eventually -
    IN: Parker, Spangher/Morton
    OUT: TDL, Pyke
    The reality is that Parker is a couple of months away from returning (sadly - I think we missed his vigour and good ball use in traffic yesterday) and anything can happen with injuries and form between now and then.

We've got a pretty good hard-at-it midfield crew at the moment but we don't have a huge amount of depth in that department. I grimaced when Hanners was taken off looking generally out of sorts, and was very relieved when it turned out "only" to be concussion. There is a chance Mitchell might get himself fit enough to come in and get a couple of games experience before Parker is ready to resume, but other than that, we don't have much in the way of AFL-ready onballers running around in the twos at the moment.

The versatility of both Jude and especially O'Keefe to come into the middle, or alternatively to spend time in other roles is a definite plus because it means the team looks balanced with different mixes of available players. I also think it is a huge credit to both of them that they are adapting to playing less time in the middle - where for the last few seasons ROK has been a mainstay (and Jude for his whole career) - as they move towards the end of their careers and others, like Parker and JPK are taking over.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Out Matner
    sprite

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    A job for Mr Shaw I think....
    Annoy him he would - however the last couple of weeks has shown how important the run that Shaw provides to the team can be - keep him running and let Mcveigh be the tag - he did a good job on Stanton with some help so maybe he goes to Johnson who is not super quick - just very good.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Out Matner
    Yes lets just drop the man that constantly saves our arse in defence. He's not perfect, but he's got courage Marty, and he's got desperation and the intelligence to know when to leave his man. He's always the player making the contest 2 on 1 instead of 1 on 1.

Honestly some people don't appreciate what they have until its gone...

Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Out Matner

Mattner? What? Ur kidding right?

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    Yes lets just drop the man that constantly saves our arse in defence. He's not perfect, but he's got courage Marty, and he's got desperation and the intelligence to know when to leave his man. He's always the player making the contest 2 on 1 instead of 1 on 1. Under-appreciated.

Honestly some people don't appreciate what they have until its gone...
    Exactly right, he's not flash, but he busts a gut every week and those third man to the contest efforts are amazing sometimes. It wasn't long ago we were calling him SuperMarty. Still plenty to offer in my book. He made one bad error last night and some would crucify him for it, but really, his run and long kick out of defence saves us a lot of the time. Armstrong needs a few game to get up to seniors pace, but I think he stays in the 21, going forward, he'll only get better, might wander into the weights room at some point
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

I thought Marty played well... Very solid.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast