Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 12 v The Cats

In: Goodes, McGlynn
    Out: Malceski, Everitt

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    In: Goodes, McGlynn
    Out: Malceski, Everitt
    Yep would be pretty confident this will be the changes.

Everitt wasn't that bad v Essendon! Mind you, no-one was particularly bad, I think that's what was great. Definitely missing Parker though, and if both Gaz and Jetta are firing, we'd be unstoppable outside too!!!

How about for a CHANGE we play 4 qrtrs of football! It would help my blood pressure no end!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    How about for a CHANGE we play 4 qrtrs of football! It would help my blood pressure no end!
    Yep, this is the change me and my heart would like the best......

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd be conservative with bringing Goodes back. A soft tissue injury at his age...if he comes back too soon and does it again....OUCH! I wouldnt play him until Round 15 vs Brisbane. In that time we have a bye, Geelong at home and GWS. Let him train but certainly not play him in the reserves....he's one of those players that when declared fit...straight into the seniors. I like Mumford and Pyke in the team also. LRT up forward is really helping Reid out.

Only change I see for our next game is McGlynn in for Malcevski.....assuming no other injuries out of the Ess game.

Other comment.....I see Chapman as the number one cat that we need to put a hard tag on. Important link up player.

Veterans List
    Goodes, McGlynn and Spangher (if he is right) for Malceski, Everitt and TDL.

Poor Mal. I saw a list in the Hun just a couple of days ago which had him in the league's top few for metres gained this season. Had a fair percentage of them where we retained possession too; certainly not the worst of that list.

People sure turn quickly.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    We all want this but it's hard to do these days - it's not so much about sides going missing for a quarter but the other getting momentum. In every game sides get a run on, it's about containing it before getting things back together. 3-4 goals is about the limit. 9 in a quarter and the middle periods v St Kilda aren't ideal. Though adding a player/leader like Goodesy is useful.

Ins: McGlynn, Goodes
    Outs: Everitt (was useful as a running wingman, used his pace well and looked confident. But see ins...), one of Pyke/LRT/Mal/TDL

Vague obviously - if we play Goodes as a permanent tall fwd as he gets fit, then a tall to go with Mummy + one of those mentioned to second ruck. I'm a defender of all those mentioned but as we get close to a full complement to choose from, they become depth players. It's good to know they are good AFL quality, we need it. TDL adds a bit to out fwd setup, but not more than McGlynn and the Champ. Mal is a bit out of form and Prince Armstrong might have his spot. They'll all play again this year, there's no such thing really as "best 22" as 1. you never have them all available and 2. it's horses for course re: opposition and ground, especially with tall/small combos. For Geelong, it'll be interesting to see if we lose a tall or a small to cater for the ins. Goodesy complicates things - he's almost outside the conventional structure as he's so versatile and well, good.
    Last edited by TPR4; 11th June 2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Dreaded typo
    Twitter: @tp_rose

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Goodes playing in the reserves? LOL. If he's right to go he will be in the senior team. If not, another week of training. He can just be parked in the forward line if necessary, in much the same way as Mummy is being eased back in.
    I did like Goodesy's big smile in his interview when he said it's a shame the Reserves have a bye this week as well, so he couldn't get a run with them to warm up, but will never happen. Imagine if he got injured running around in the NEAFL!
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    I did like Goodesy's big smile in his interview when he said it's a shame the Reserves have a bye this week as well, so he couldn't get a run with them to warm up, but will never happen. Imagine if he got injured running around in the NEAFL!
    Is that better or worse than having him rip the muscle again in the first 5 mins against CAts?
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Is that better or worse than having him rip the muscle again in the first 5 mins against CAts?
    Sub....could you imagine a fresh Goodes coming off the bench halfway through the third quarter....scary.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast