Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible retirements

On the Rookie List

Possible retirements

It is that time of year, or nearly, where players start to think about retirement or if they should go on. I can only think of 2 players on our list who maybe considering this, Jude Bolton and O'keefe. I really, really hope though that jude can go on and play another season, his form has mostly been good and his last 2 weeks have been outstanding. He would leave a big hole in the midfield aswell while the likes of tom mitchell develop. Secondly, im not so sure about okeefe, he just looks slower now and has definately lost a yard or 2. Thoughts??

Veterans List
    Goodes?

Senior Player
    Goodes is already signed on for next year I believe.

Jarryd Moore + Nick Mal maybe ?

Moore might well be the reserves coach next year. Eski might still be recovering from a head knock he took against Freo, I watched the Freo game the other night, it was a decent whack. Should still be some life left in him. I hope Jude plays on, but only he knows for certain if he's feeling up to it. 300 the way he plays them is no easy task. There is probaly another year in ROK as well if he wants it, slow start to the season due to injury, but he's pretty much back to full fitness now. Agree he might be a little slower and not quite as good overhead, but still does a job for teh team. If we are going to draft instead of trade this year we'll need to keep our experience on
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

I can't see any of our regular 22 hanging up the boots this year.. Jude & Rok have another year in them... Goodes another 3.. I hope this provides the stability to have a serious crack next year after winning this year..

Veterans List
    Bolton was quoted recently that his body was good and expected to play next year. Unless ROK wants to leave, his form says he has a couple of years left in him. Not sure if his contract expires this year.

Moore may not be on the list next year but I am counting on them to hang on to him in a coaching capacity. He is a natural.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Their (Jude & ROK's) call, they've earned it and they are still contributing.

Veterans List
    No retirements amongst our best 22 would be my prediction. All those of likely age are playing good footy.

Moore will certainly retire but almost certain to be coaching in some capacity you'd think.

Interest will be which fringe players go to free up places for the draft. Meredith could be a casualty.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    No retirements amongst our best 22 would be my prediction. All those of likely age are playing good footy.

Moore will certainly retire but almost certain to be coaching in some capacity you'd think.

Interest will be which fringe players go to free up places for the draft. Meredith could be a casualty.
    Agree with all of this. I think Moore and Meredith are both gone, but hope Bulldog stays in a coaching capacity.
    Could potentially be Seaby's last season too? Or maybe Lamb to the rookie list if he's having trouble getting his body right?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Moore may not be on the list next year but I am counting on them to hang on to him in a coaching capacity. He is a natural.
    He strikes me that way too, but I'd be happy to see him get some experience at a different club, provided he comes back home.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast