Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 16 V The Eagles

I shall withdraw from another LRT thread as gracefully as I can. Thank you longmile and dirtyburt.

Gee whiz north's win tonight makes the eagles form look good

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    And conversely makes Collingwood look very, very ordinary.
    Go Cats!!!!!!

Such a tight 8. Crazy to think where we could fall too if we lose this one game.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post

Not so convinced. I thought the game was incredibly poor-skilled, especially in the second quarter and parts of the third. (I gave up watching after 3/4 time.) Both teams were fumbling the ball and turning it over at will with poor kicks. North's propensity to over-handball, especially slow loopy handballs, is relatively easy to counter by any team willing to apply a bit of pressure. Luckily for North today, Carlton's tackling was pretty lame.

Certainly North were ultra-efficient in their forward line, but Carlton's defence was non-existent at times.

I am not saying that North are completely rubbish. Clearly they have some good wins in the last month or so. But I reckon Carlton's performance tonight made North look much better than they are.

If Pyke and Mumford can at least contain Cox's influence and our midfield can keep at least one of Priddis and Kerr tame in the midfield clearances,we really should be able to win this. With the Weagle's "outs" we have to if we are a viable premiership contender. (I hope we are but I am not 100% sure yet.) The difference in the size of the ground compared to the SCG will be a factor, but our recent record at Subi isn't too bad, and we won at York Park earlier this year. So I think the game style holds up on the larger grounds as well as it does at the SCG.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    A Swan syllogism

The selectors choose the team, the team is on top of the ladder, therefore the selectors are correct.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not so convinced. I thought the game was incredibly poor-skilled, especially in the second quarter and parts of the third. (I gave up watching after 3/4 time.) Both teams were fumbling the ball and turning it over at will with poor kicks. North's propensity to over-handball, especially slow loopy handballs, is relatively easy to counter by any team willing to apply a bit of pressure. Luckily for North today, Carlton's tackling was pretty lame.

Certainly North were ultra-efficient in their forward line, but Carlton's defence was non-existent at times.

I am not saying that North are completely rubbish. Clearly they have some good wins in the last month or so. But I reckon Carlton's performance tonight made North look much better than they are.

If Pyke and Mumford can at least contain Cox's influence and our midfield can keep at least one of Priddis and Kerr tame in the midfield clearances,we really should be able to win this. With the Weagle's "outs" we have to if we are a viable premiership contender. (I hope we are but I am not 100% sure yet.) The difference in the size of the ground compared to the SCG will be a factor, but our recent record at Subi isn't too bad, and we won at York Park earlier this year. So I think the game style holds up on the larger grounds as well as it does at the SCG.
    Agree. WCE are missing 7 or 8 of their best 22, now including Lynch, Hill and Shuey who are not playing this week compared to last week. Waters also provides alot of link and run out of their defence and that role will be solely on Hurn's shoulders now, so a defensive forward or tag on him will hopefully nullify any of their rebound.

I just can't see a forward line of Darling, Shepperd, Hams and Masten (and with Cox or NicNat resting) doing much damage to our very solid defense or provide enough pressure on Mattner, Shaw and co setting up our attacks. I can see Jetta having a field day too as there is no real standout matchup for our little weapon.

The massive worry is obviously the Cox/Natanui partnership. I really hope Mummy and Pyke have the legs to go all game with them. Stop Cox from having a 4th qtr like last week and North would have won last week. Surely he cant be superman again!. Sydney by 41.

Quote Originally Posted by dendol View Post
    ... Sydney by 41.
    I hope not! I put $100 on Swans to win 1-39!

Agree. WCE are missing 7 or 8 of their best 22, now including Lynch, Hill and Shuey who are not playing this week compared to last week. Waters also provides alot of link and run out of their defence and that role will be solely on Hurn's shoulders now, so a defensive forward or tag on him will hopefully nullify any of their rebound.

I just can't see a forward line of Darling, Shepperd, Hams and Masten (and with Cox or NicNat resting) doing much damage to our very solid defense or provide enough pressure on Mattner, Shaw and co setting up our attacks. I can see Jetta having a field day too as there is no real standout matchup for our little weapon.

The massive worry is obviously the Cox/Natanui partnership. I really hope Mummy and Pyke have the legs to go all game with them. Stop Cox from having a 4th qtr like last week and North would have won last week. Surely he cant be superman again!. Sydney by 41.
    The way you say that makes it seem like there's nothing to stress about! It'll be a stroll in the park!

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    The way you say that makes it seem like there's nothing to stress about! It'll be a stroll in the park!
    Quote Originally Posted by eggbeater View Post
    I hope not! I put $100 on Swans to win 1-39!
    Im on Swans 40+ @ $11

Im on Swans 40+ @ $11
    Tom Waterhouse seems to be having an impact on preview and gameday threads
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Tom Waterhouse seems to be having an impact on preview and gameday threads
    It is amazing how gambling has become an integral part of discussion about the game. Asa sometime footy punter, I am ambivalent about whether this is a good or bad thing but it never used to be so.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast