Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Mighty Swannies vs West Coast Eagles Match Day Thread

I don't want to offend anyone that is overweight, but that is morbidly obese and he really needs to take some inspiration from his AFL heroes and be 1/10th as active as them and he would see some results. He seriously can't be happy with the way that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    I don't want to offend anyone that is overweight, but that is morbidly obese and he really needs to take some inspiration from his AFL heroes and be 1/10th as active as them and he would see some results. He seriously can't be happy with the way that he is.
    Ahhh, mate, he is the story of cheersquads. In most cases, very sad, try hards, wanna be athletes.

Sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Aw gee, I don't know. He looks pretty happy to me.

The reality is he is probably acutely aware of his body and health. I find it ridiculously condescending for people to tell people who are overweight to stop eating and/or start exercising. I'm sure the solution to their weight issues has been blind to them this whole time...

Sorry, I'm a little incensed after hearing some responses to he 'fat chick' affair that is alleged to have happened. Adults should be able handle the jibes, but frankly the judgement for many young people, especially young girls, is hard to deal with. Statistics show that there is an incredible rise in body consciousness, that even girls as young as 9 are overly conscious of there weight and appearance. That doesn't sit well with me at all that a child's level of self esteem and happiness is image centered.

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    The reality is he is probably acutely aware of his body and health. I find it ridiculously condescending for people to tell people who are overweight to stop eating and/or start exercising. I'm sure the solution to their weight issues has been blind to them this whole time...

Sorry, I'm a little incensed after hearing some responses to he 'fat chick' affair that is alleged to have happened. Adults should be able handle the jibes, but frankly the judgement for many young people, especially young girls, is hard to deal with. Statistics show that there is an incredible rise in body consciousness, that even girls as young as 9 are overly conscious of there weight and appearance. That doesn't sit well with me at all that a child's level of self esteem and happiness is image centered.
    RWO is a football thread, not some sort of didactic quasi-Health Dept promo. If we were playing 9-year olds in the Firsts you would get my attention. Until then, keep a lid on the obesity debate. Next thing we'll see is a thread on the horrors of beer.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Quote Originally Posted by SwanFromWA View Post
    I was at the game on the weekend, was fantastic to watch,drove down from Port Hedland (1700 klms)just for the Game, the only chance for me to see the Swannies in action & Boy was it worth it,GO THE BLOODS!!!
    I salute your commitment mate - that is a seriously long way to drive to watch the boys play. I find the three hour trip up from Canberra long enough (and extra long on the way back after a loss), but that pales into insignificance to that. So glad the boys put on a wonderful show for our lovely WA based fans!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    RWO is a football thread, not some sort of didactic quasi-Health Dept promo. If we were playing 9-year olds in the Firsts you would get my attention. Until then, keep a lid on the obesity debate. Next thing we'll see is a thread on the horrors of beer.
    My 6th wife drove me to beer. I never had a chance to thank her.

That West Coast cheer squad member found himself as an important part of football photgraphic history. He was probably that terrified by Micky O that he put all his "messages on hold" and hid in the local Hungry Jacks outlet until this year.

Great to have him back bigger and better. However we don't have another Micky O type to repeat the original. Perhaps Jack. The others seem too warm fuzzy.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    My 6th wife drove me to beer. I never had a chance to thank her.

That West Coast cheer squad member found himself as an important part of football photgraphic history. He was probably that terrified by Micky O that he put all his "messages on hold" and hid in the local Hungry Jacks outlet until this year.

Great to have him back bigger and better. However we don't have another Micky O type to repeat the original. Perhaps Jack. The others seem too warm fuzzy.
    I reckon Jetstar could do it - he got pretty wound up and excited after a few of his goals on Sunday

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I reckon Jetstar could do it - he got pretty wound up and excited after a few of his goals on Sunday
    I heard his family, friends and most of his town turned up to watch the game and you could hear them as a group at the game. True?

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post

Fair enough, but there is a difference between being concerned for someone's health (which I am) and judging someones body shape as not being ideal. His body shape is not healthy and it doesn't concern only me, it also concerns the govt because of the impact on quality of life, shortening life expectancy etc. and I know we don't want to live in a nanny state, but being healthy (not necessarily body obsessed and gym toned) should be most people's goals. The reason I am speaking up is because my friend lost about 20kgs and was upset with me because I didn't tell her how big she had become. I know this fella isn't my friend and it may not be received well by some , but I mean well and I didn't put him down, I am just stating a fact (that he is morbidly obese)

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I salute your commitment mate - that is a seriously long way to drive to watch the boys play. I find the three hour trip up from Canberra long enough (and extra long on the way back after a loss), but that pales into insignificance to that. So glad the boys put on a wonderful show for our lovely WA based fans!
    Much appreciate your reply mcs,What was also fantastic about the game, apart from thrashing the WEEGIRLS was the Sydney Chant!!!It was AWESOME, To be at Patterson Stadium Full to capacity with possibly 98% Weegirls Fans & to hear our Chant Drown them out.
    Honestly words can't explain how GREAT that felt.

Quote Originally Posted by SwanFromWA View Post
    Much appreciate your reply mcs,What was also fantastic about the game, apart from thrashing the WEEGIRLS was the Sydney Chant!!!It was AWESOME, To be at Patterson Stadium Full to capacity with possibly 98% Weegirls Fans & to hear our Chant Drown them out.
    Honestly words can't explain how GREAT that felt.
    Tell you what it sounded pretty bloody fantastic on the telly also
    I was at the Alexandria to watch the game (seriously the best place to watch an interstate game) and we all joined in!