Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 17: Sydney Swans Reserves v Belconnen Magpies

Thank you Ugg..your reports are gems
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

love your reviews Ugg - thks from Melb

Thanks ugg....I pretty much agree with all you reported. but there is always a but.

If the reported height of Naismith is 208cm, his below the knees efforts are going to be like bungy jumping of an NZ bridge. Would be surprised if he did do much ground work. I love watching him and Tauber nattering away during the breaks. Steve is no midget, but he has to tip his head back while Naismith tips his forward.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Cheers Ugg

I actually thought Nipper did some very nice things Ugg and his delivery was better this week. Delivery is Dylan McNeil's problem I think if he gets this right the kid will be ok but we have a lot of his size player and he is way back in the line. I like Naismith as I think agility training can be very rewarding for guys as big as him and extra in that direction may alter his mobility. I love the way he taps down though and gives they mids first use. Tom Mitchell & Lukie were easily able to read him and took full advantage.

TDL is about 10 classes above this level and some of the moves he made were sensational. At one stage he was in a race for a loose ball going toward the points with two opposition players, he got control of the ball sidestepped and left them both on the ground kicking a goal. He took some very good marks just by manouvring his body and avoiding body contact and getting a fly!

"I didn't know who he (Luff) was until we went into the sheds before the game," he said with a laugh.

Good grief.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    "I didn't know who he (Luff) was until we went into the sheds before the game," he said with a laugh.

Good grief.
    Yeah. It puts the R&W TLM into perspective doesn't it!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Yeah. It puts the R&W TLM into perspective doesn't it!
    It certainly makes one become aware of the generation gap or is that chasm

Speaking of Naismith as some here have done and I have too. I just want to say that sometimes young talls take a little more time to develop, hence the extra time given to Jesse. I think this young bloke will develop because he has very good balance and is essentially sound in his body shape. The flexibility will come and eventually he could become very like a Sandilands, although I think he is just as mobile as Aaron now, probably more mobile. If hew is as effective in 5 years time than Sandilands then he will be a very good ruckman. But with big guys it is all about time!!! Development, development, development!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Speaking of Naismith as some here have done and I have too. I just want to say that sometimes young talls take a little more time to develop, hence the extra time given to Jesse. I think this young bloke will develop because he has very good balance and is essentially sound in his body shape. The flexibility will come and eventually he could become very like a Sandilands, although I think he is just as mobile as Aaron now, probably more mobile. If hew is as effective in 5 years time than Sandilands then he will be a very good ruckman. But with big guys it is all about time!!! Development, development, development!!!
    How tall is this guy? The comparison with Sandilands has me wondering.

Senior Player
    I see there is no mention of Tom Mitchell's injury? After the seniors game he went past me on crutches and a massive moonboot on his left peg.
    C'mon Chels!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    According to the injury report he did it in the last minutes of the game.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast