Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd Predictions for Sydney vs Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    I think part of the problem with ANZ crowds is simply we tend to lose when we play there so many people who have come in the past, many of whom aren't rusted on fans, lost interest. Hopefully our current ladder position might tempt them back.
    Overall, our winning percentage at Homebush is pretty good - greater than 60%. It's our repeated failures against Collingwood have undermined our reputation at the venue.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    There will a crowd of around 34,000.

The city2surf on the next morning so I and 80,000 other crazies will be running to Bondi instead of of getting drunk, abusing Collingwood supporters, and daring each other to think about the DREAM!!!
    I'll be doing both.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

The Daily Telegraph reported this morning more than 50,000 are expected. Just checked out the Ticketek website and only platinum and gold tickets appear available for purchase of more than 1 ticket. Red Zone and Red Rookie, Silver showing as (Allocation exhausted). Opposition and Gold non-alcohol showing as single seats only. I wonder if all areas of the stadium have already been opened up for sale?

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...&p=ESSW2012835

Is a sellout possible?

On a side note, you'd think the game would be on the Ticketek homepage rather than having to seach for it. Way to go Ticketek.

Nope, I very much doubt all areas will be opened up. Unfortunately I don't think the Swans have been promoted very much this week. Nevertheless 50 000 is as big a crowd as we've had in a while so if we reach that figure it should please the club.

Anybody got a recent PAX number?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaussie View Post
    On a side note, you'd think the game would be on the Ticketek homepage rather than having to seach for it. Way to go Ticketek.
    Ticketek is the worse ticketing site imaginable. I'm sure it loses 20% of potential ticket sales by being so difficult to navigate and flakey.

I imagine ANZ havent opened much of the level 6 stands yet. One may be completely closed still.

Anyway, 50,000 would be great. In todays daily tele they were talking record crowd (70K+) but seems unlikely with olympics dominating the news, city2surf the next day, and possible showers.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaussie View Post
    The Daily Telegraph reported this morning more than 50,000 are expected. Just checked out the Ticketek website and only platinum and gold tickets appear available for purchase of more than 1 ticket. Red Zone and Red Rookie, Silver showing as (Allocation exhausted). Opposition and Gold non-alcohol showing as single seats only. I wonder if all areas of the stadium have already been opened up for sale?

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...&p=ESSW2012835

Is a sellout possible?

I have just looked at the Ticketek website and the general admission seats have been sold out. Not for one minute do I think this match will be anywhere near a sellout, considering the stadium capacity is around 83,000. If this crowd is not close to capacity, and I would guess we'll get somewhere around the 50-55k mark, it's an absolute disgrace that the only tickets available a few days out are the premium priced ones. I'll happily eat my words if we get a much bigger crowd, but I would guess that they haven't opened up the top bits of the stadiums and so we are nowhere near capacity yet. This is our biggest game of the year and I would have hoped they got the ticketing right and accessible, at a fair price, to those who want to go to the game.

I think ticket prices will impact crowd numbers which is a shame.

I'm from Melbs and coming up for the game. I bought a ticket on Sunday. Gold was the cheapest tickets left and ALOT of the tickets seem to be "Gold" in allocation. So it cost me $51 ($46 plus booking fee). Now this is fine for me, as I am a single man with a job who's passionate about the swans. But for families? Or people who aren't big fans but were thinking of coming? Or people with tight financial constraints? It's a shame that some will be turned off by this as it's a great opportunity to promote the game and the Swans.

PS. My PAC number is 44763.
    Last edited by Gezball; 8th August 2012 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Overall, our winning percentage at Homebush is pretty good - greater than 60%. It's our repeated failures against Collingwood have undermined our reputation at the venue.
    The venue has undermined our reputation to new fans, no other reason. It is a terrible place to watch sport and a terrible precinct before/after the game. Every team that play there struggles to get a decent crowd.

The sooner we leave that catastrophe to gws the better

I was thinking 70k but with rain on the way, I think 65k will do.

Come on swans. Let's give the pies a good thrashing.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Goes up to 11
    Ok maybe I was a bit hasty - silver tickets are available for $29.50 which gets you seats in the top tier on the Eastern side - I just checked Ticketek and it pulled up tickets in Bay 609. Thats a good sign for a decent crowd - hopefully the weather cooperates. I'm a member anyway but I was just interested in how tickets are going.

Gee I wish they had a special caged-off areas for Pies supporters though. I would pay good money for (nice) seats nearby and a few buckets of rotten tomatoes. I'd even let them see my nice full set of teeth too.

Did I mention that I'm not too fond of Pies supporters? Oh thats for another thread - anyway looks like we'll have a decent crowd out there, and hopefully therefore a good atmosphere too.

Leaving about 10K people behind by trying to flog the expensive tickets.
    -

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I'll be doing both.
    Will your carb loading include beers, chips and pies from the Stadium??
    If so you are the total professional!!!
    doof-doof

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast