Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 19 V The Blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Good to hear that they interviewed Longmire. I didn't catch 360 last night but they have generally been giving us plenty of credit even if they don't spend that long on us.

Longmire's quote in the SMH this morning strongly suggests that the only change will be Mummy in for Reid.
    Here's me thinking the Horse was also going to drop Ted, Kennedy and Jack!

In all seriousness, they NEED to select a back up forward shortly. Taller forward lines generally win finals. I'd bring in one of either Walsh, Morton, Spangher or White now and keep them in the side until Reid comes back. If we get another injury or two to either Mummy, Pyke, Goodes, LRT or Reid leading up to the finals, we need tried or proven back-ups rather than throwing them to the wolves in the finals.

Try one of them out this week. Stretch Carlton's smaller defence...

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Shirley its time for the return of the Great White Hope!!!!
    No, it's not time ... and don't call me Shirley.

I prefer the option already suggested of Mummy to spend more time at FF and Goodes to find form with more time in the midfield/CHF.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

Opti-pessi-misti
    A further point on the debate about TDL and his place in the 22. From the bit of replay I have seen, the 'kitten' definitely hasn't turned into a 'wild cat' yet. I doubt that he ever will and maybe Mitch Morton is never going to scrap and tackle like Gary Rohan either just as ND was never going to run up and down the ground like ROK.

My point is that they were recruited for their particular talents and skills and if the structures and game plan of the Swans can't accommodate their weaknesses along with their strengths you would think that their future with the Swans is a bit bleak. I am hopeful that this is not the case and that TDL gets a few games in the seniors right now so that he, the team and we can see whether he is going to fit in or not. Crunch time!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    No, it's not time ... and don't call me Shirley.

I prefer the option already suggested of Mummy to spend more time at FF and Goodes to find form with more time in the midfield/CHF.
    So no dress ups this weekend ??? Damn, you're no fun anymore.

Jesse's gone the way of the darcey. I'd say no change apart from Mummy for Reid.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Morton is listed at 184cm and 83 kg; TDL 181 and 78.

TDL has gotten the coaches selection guernsey to date, and I see no merit in swapping to Morton right now

Can't imagine there will be any other change than Mummy for Ried.

White seems finished at the Swans.

I'm glad the Kitten looks like getting another run...

Don't forget this is Carlton..... and he'll have fond memories of playing them.

Sub will be interesting this week. Probably The Kitten.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

No point using the kitten as a sub. I hope they play him.

Parker probably needs a full run. I would have suggested LRT but we'd need him instead of Reid. Possibly an out of form Jetta could use a rev up?

Goes up to 11
    I wouldn't really say Jetta's been out of form, but more a case of being tagged much more closely in the last few weeks. He wouldn't make a bad sub, but maybe Bird gets the vest again seeing as he played a fair bit of last week's game?

Yes Bird came on and did good, and would probably do good again as sub. I had thought that 2 games as sub would then mean eventual lack of game time and a trip to the 2's! He does seem the most likely.

On the Rookie List
    Perhaps Jetts could play in defence on Betts and Smith wear the vest. Jetts has not enjoyed the close attention from Selwood(west coast) and Jones (St.kilda). Eddie would take him to the ball and he could run-off him offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    Possibly an out of form Jetta could use a rev up?
    Yeah, I like this idea. He's dropped off a little lately.

He's only in his 3rd season and might need some freshening up.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast