• Carlton - between 10 and 19 points

1 3.03%
  • Carlton - between 20 and 39 points

0 0%
  • Carlton - 40 points or more

1 3.03%

Thread: Round 19 - Carlton

Round 19 - Carlton

A very tough run home starts this Sunday against the Judd-less Blues at Etihad Stadium.

It's difficult to get a fix on Carlton this year. After a flying start, they lost to Essendon, and then seemed to descend very quickly into mediocrity. Collingwood are the only top 8 side they've beaten (twice); all their other wins have come against botton eight sides.

If they're serious about playing finals, this is one of three remaining home games for them, and even though they play Gold Coast away, they'd regard any home games as "must wins" in order to any have chance of qualifying.

Technically, it's first playing eleventh (both attack and defence), so really, this is a game we should win comfortably.

But Carlton had the wood on us last year, and are enjoying a resurgence of sorts with consecutive wins against the Bulldogs and Richmond. They'll be confident of causing an upset.

If we want a top 2 spot, we must win this game. We'll need to be right on top mentally in order to get the job done.

Swans by 10.

ROK's 250th folks....Swans by 78 points!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    ROK's 250th folks....
    I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing...our record in these milestone games is not good, particularly when they're in Melbourne.

Still, ROK has been Mr. Reliable for a long time now, so hopefully they'll be motivated that little bit extra for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing...our record in these milestone games is not good, particularly when they're in Melbourne.

Still, ROK has been Mr. Reliable for a long time now, so hopefully they'll be motivated that little bit extra for him.
    Let me get this straight, you accuse me in another thread of having no confidence in the team because I logically point out that Adelaide have an easier draw and Hawthorn have a superior percentage so our chances of finishing top 2 are slim, but you don't seem to show too much confidence in us winning milestone games particularly in Melbourne. Bit hypocritical I think

Originally Posted by Jewels
    With Adelaides draw and Hawthorns percentage I just can't see us being 1 or 2, it would be nice I just don't see it happening.
    A vote of no confidence if I've ever heard one.

No Judd, swans to win by 31 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Let me get this straight, you accuse me in another thread of having no confidence in the team because I logically point out that Adelaide have an easier draw and Hawthorn have a superior percentage so our chances of finishing top 2 are slim, but you don't seem to show too much confidence in us winning milestone games particularly in Melbourne. Bit hypocritical I think
    Not really. I think this time the milestone game might work in our favour, even though that hasn't always been the case in the past.

MILESTONE GAME FOR ROK!!!!!!!! SWANS BY PLENTY!!!!!!!

If we dont win by plenty I will be dissapointed.......c'mon folks, our team is blowing sides away this year, we should all be happy. We're going to be premiers this year....its a guarantee!!!!!!!. We'll even win the grand final by over 10 goals this year, it doesnt matter against who....Collingwood, Adelaide, Hawthorn, West Coast....none of these teams are a match for us. When all these teams are playing their best against each other, we are a 10 goal better side than any of them this year!!!!

Not really. I think this time the milestone game might work in our favour, even though that hasn't always been the case in the past.
    OMG. O'Keefe's 200th game was that disaster against Richmond in 2010 at the MCG when they ran over us in the last quarter. No wonder I felt queasy learning that Sunday is another milestone for him!

Milestone man O'Keefe came so close to swapping Swans for Hawks

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Swans by 41

Swans by 4 goals

OMG. O'Keefe's 200th game was that disaster against Richmond in 2010 at the MCG when they ran over us in the last quarter. No wonder I felt queasy learning that Sunday is another milestone for him!
    Yeah, that was the first thing I remembered when the 250th milestone starting getting bantered about & got nervous too. Hopefully we've broken the milestone curse - this seems to be a hoodoo-breaking year for us.

Kind of wish the milestone things were never mentioned (ok at the end if the year at the club champ dinner they can say what ever they like ) but we just get a bit overawed by them and implode as history shows - of course should we blast Carlton off the field this arvo I will be more than happy to be called a doubting Thomasina!!