Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's smash the pies next week

Will be making the drive from canberra for this, cant wait! My first time back to ANZ for about 3 years, getting nervous already. This has to be the year, our boys have to believe!!

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    You can probably kiss that fantasy goodbye.
    That's the trouble when you rely on other teams. Sometimes they do things that we don't want ... like losing.

Let's just beat the crap out of the Pies.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Regular in the Side
    History shows that Sydney's poor ANZ record against Collingwood stems from the first two quarters. Since 2003 the Swans have won just one first quarter out of a possible nine, being way back in 2004. Their only second quarter win in nine games was in 2005. By contrast, despite all the losses they have won the third quarter 5 times out of 9, and the final quarter 7 times to Collingwood's 2.

Me thinks In order to "smash" the Pies we have to get off to a good start.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Yep. I reckon beating the Pies is just short of winning the premiership.
    Unless we win this game and get some winning form against the Pies we cant win the flag. Simple as that.

We havent beaten the Pies since 2005, and Adelaide will beat us home or away leaving only Hawthorn in the top 4 for us to beat. We cant avoid the Pies and Adelaide in the finals series so we need to get some runs on the board here.

If we cant get the upper hand here, then they will be too hard to stop in finals.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by SwansFan1972 View Post
    And for the superstitious among us (which is pretty much everyone I guess when it comes to dreaming of winning the flag), the last time we beat the filth was in 2005 (hard to believe isn't it)! Beat them next week and the planets keep moving into alignment for us!
    There are good omens for me. In 2005, I hardly saw any of the great run of wins due to working overseas in Turkey. National flag colours: red and white. Same this year, but country is Singapore. National flag colours: red and white. Not normally superstitious but hope it pans out this time!!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    We'll still have Nick Davis and Crouchy on the field. Just need to bring Amon back to carry the oranges at the quarter breaks.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bindo View Post
    There are good omens for me. In 2005, I hardly saw any of the great run of wins due to working overseas in Turkey. National flag colours: red and white. Same this year, but country is Singapore. National flag colours: red and white. Not normally superstitious but hope it pans out this time!!
    All the omens and portents pointing in the right direction!! Might be something about Singapore generally! Friend of mine (cats fan) was a resident in Singapore during 2007, came home 2008 then returned there for last few years. Not a bad strike rate!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123