Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Adam Goodes

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    ....the unavoidable truth is that he is an absolutely rancid set shot for goal...
    It has been the one telling flaw in his game during the past decade. Brilliant on the run, great skills but prone to finessing and as far as set shots are concerned, oh dear.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

I think ROK agrees with those who think Goodes is a lousy set shot.

He went off at the umpire for not giving him the free, (which it should of been)...

He wanted that shot bad...and boy o boy, I wanted him to take it too, along with many many others.

Goodes strode back to the mark, obviously wanting to do the captain thing and kick the goal.

He should of put his ego aside and immediately given the ball to ROK...he's a much better set shot...

That would of been the team, and captain, thing to do....IMO.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    clearly injured. Probably won't see him back to his best by next year.

That @@@@ing quad injury.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Yes agree definitely injured. Couldn't get into 3rd or 4th gear just stuck in 2nd. Every time he tried to speed up he had to ease back. The Pies players knew this too and they were playing off him and making him chase. At times he didn't and just stood there while TDL matched his player as well as his own, not good from the Captain. Id you are injured Adam do the team thing and make yourself unavailable for selection!!!!! You can put it over on the physios but not on the fans who see the games and watch you reaching for your hammy at least once a quarter.

He had a bad game.
    @@@@ happens.

Leave Goodesy alone.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Goodes gets plenty of plaudits when he goes well and when he goes poorly he deserves criticism. To be honest the criticism is fairly subdued with most excusing the performance due to injury. Light years away from what I was saying during the match I can tell you.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Goodesy will be back this year, mark my words. Not playing to his high standards, still reckon he has a slight niggle from the corky in the buttocks. No doubt will fire up for the last couple of games and finals. Will also be better next season with Rohan and Reid (and another forward with height) as his forward line sidekicks.

As for either O'Keefe, LRT or anyone else taking the set shot from the free kick, spare me...ROK is and has been the worst set shot for goal at the Swans in the last 10 years. Every time ROK has a set shot I cringe. I suggest his record would lucky to be around the 40-45% conversion from set shots. LRT was in the same camp until recently.

The only fantastic set shots at the Swans are TDL (rarely misses), Kennedy (never misses) and lately LRT. The rest are 50/50 at best.

On another matter, Sammy Reid will take at least another 3-4 years to blossom. Reminds me of Tom Hawkins, who took years to believe in himself. Reid is in the same camp, plus he needs time to build his strength. Hawkins was a brute from day one.

Senior Player
    Jude Bolton goes all right from a set shot

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Cressakel2 View Post
    Goodesy will be back this year, mark my words. Not playing to his high standards, still reckon he has a slight niggle from the corky in the buttocks. No doubt will fire up for the last couple of games and finals. Will also be better next season with Rohan and Reid (and another forward with height) as his forward line sidekicks.

As for either O'Keefe, LRT or anyone else taking the set shot from the free kick, spare me...ROK is and has been the worst set shot for goal at the Swans in the last 10 years. Every time ROK has a set shot I cringe. I suggest his record would lucky to be around the 40-45% conversion from set shots. LRT was in the same camp until recently.

The only fantastic set shots at the Swans are TDL (rarely misses), Kennedy (never misses) and lately LRT. The rest are 50/50 at best.

On another matter, Sammy Reid will take at least another 3-4 years to blossom. Reminds me of Tom Hawkins, who took years to believe in himself. Reid is in the same camp, plus he needs time to build his strength. Hawkins was a brute from day one.
    I haven't checked the stats, but I think O'Keefe has a pretty fair conversion rate over the past two seasons or so. And once he got over his 19 behinds, Jetta has emerged as a very good set shot. Jude is another who seems to have picked up since playing forward more often.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I haven't checked the stats, but I think O'Keefe has a pretty fair conversion rate over the past two seasons or so. And once he got over his 19 behinds, Jetta has emerged as a very good set shot. Jude is another who seems to have picked up since playing forward more often.
    Forgot about Jetta - he's good at any shot on goal (except Sat night). I mustn't have been at the games or watching the crazy box on the rare occasions ROK converts! Jude Bolton is a better kick for goal now - although only from around 30-40m out at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cressakel2 View Post
    Forgot about Jetta - he's good at any shot on goal (except Sat night). I mustn't have been at the games or watching the crazy box on the rare occasions ROK converts! Jude Bolton is a better kick for goal now - although only from around 30-40m out at best.
    ROK has a 57% conversion rate. (242.181). Not sure what the league average is but that % doesn't sound horrendous over a long career. Of course the set shot % may be considerably lower. My recollection of ROk earlier in his career was that he was an awful set shot.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I'd've gone with Craig Bird.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast