Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Adam Goodes

On the Rookie List
    The coach and selectors usually ask a Senior player if he is right to play. I am sure if Goodes had indicated that he could not run due to injury he would not have been picked. Clearly he thought he was ok to play.
    Injured or not,the worrying aspect of his play was his decision making which verged on terrible. Decision making is all in the head! I have seen many injured players who can still make the right decision when they do get the ball.Goodsey was somewhere else in his mind on one of the biggest games for the year. Normally champion players like him only play like that when they have suffered a personal crisis and cannot concentrate on the game. Who knows but to have any chance in September we need the real Adam Goodes back and firing.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    The coach and selectors usually ask a Senior player if he is right to play. I am sure if Goodes had indicated that he could not run due to injury he would not have been picked. Clearly he thought he was ok to play.
    Injured or not,the worrying aspect of his play was his decision making which verged on terrible. Decision making is all in the head! I have seen many injured players who can still make the right decision when they do get the ball.Goodsey was somewhere else in his mind on one of the biggest games for the year. Normally champion players like him only play like that when they have suffered a personal crisis and cannot concentrate on the game. Who knows but to have any chance in September we need the real Adam Goodes back and firing.
    Totally agree Hartijon. To me he seemed to be on another planet, could it have even been that he had medication that did not agree with him? Hopefully that was it, because personal crises can be so difficult to overcome.

If he is like that again you would have to seriously consider dropping him until he can sort himself out.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Let's hope this mystery will be solved sooner than later.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456