Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 21, Swans v Dogs, Etihad

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Morton sub.
    Wrong Horse. Rubbish decision. Shouldn't have selected him if you were going to make him sub.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    I might be wrong, but I believe today could be the first time we've beaten the Bulldogs in Melbourne since the 1990's.
    We have to actually beat them first...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Waverley Park 1987.
    But then considering we haven't played them in Melbourne all that much in recent years, it doesn't mean that much.

We've only played them 4 times in Melb since they became the Western Bulldogs in 1997.
    2 of those were finals.
    We've never played them at Etihad/Docklands.
    Well, I hope this is the day we break our Melbourne drought against them, otherwise I'll have flown down for nothing.

It was one of those things, you really hoped Horse would take the risk, but never really expected him to. This will be like Sam Reid 2010 all over again. Ripper game against the Lions, but we don't take him to finals becasue he never had a long enough chance in the firsts.

Who knows, maybe Sam could have put us into a prelim? Maybe Morton could have nabbed us a few extra goals in a forward line that looked like @@@@ last week and cost us the game..

Of course Mitch could just do a TDL and get kicked straight back into NEAFL oblivion in which case, I will humbly concede to Head Coach Horse.
    Last edited by DLBIA14; 19th August 2012 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Wrong Horse. Rubbish decision. Shouldn't have selected him if you were going to make him sub.
    I'm guessing there is some concern Reid will run out the match
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I'm guessing there is some concern Reid will run out the match
    Then make Reid the sub, and bring him in for a set period of time. Far easier to manage the time of a player when he's sub than starting line up.

Horse has shown again and again he makes poor use of the sub position. Great at everything else, but poor at managing sub.

Morton the sub. Boooooooring.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Then make Reid the sub, and bring him in for a set period of time. Far easier to
    manage the time of a player when he's sub than starting line up.

Horse has shown again and again he makes poor use of the sub position. Great at everything else, but poor at managing sub.
    21 players have played pretty much very game this year when fit.

One is playin his first game of the year.

If we put anyone else in as sub and lost the game you'd all be going nuts at horse for not having morton as sub.

He's done the right thing to give us the best chance of winning this game.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I find the consternation about Morton being the sub quite bemusing. An outsider reading this thread would come to the conclusion that we were unfairly treating an out and out champion of the game when in fact being the last man into the team he was always likely to be handed the green vest just like so many fringe players before him.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I really don't have an issue with Morton as the sub, he's a relatively dynamic/x-factor sort of player. I know it sort of sucks for a forward to be sub, and it sucks because it's taken a while for him to get a chance- but it's still a reasonable selection.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I find the consternation about Morton being the sub quite bemusing. An outsider reading this thread would come to the conclusion that we were unfairly treating an out and out champion of the game when in fact being the last man into the team he was always likely to be handed the green vest just like so many fringe players before him.
    I agree, ugg. Besides with it being Reid's first game back it seems only logical to name another forward as the sub.

Absolutely must win game for us today, I know last night's results helped us but contenders don't lose these games.

Curious to see how Lin Jong goes for the Dogs - the first Taiwanese player to play in the AFL. Add oil

Spreading the word: Asian influences break down walls, one game at a time

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whoops!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast