Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Someone is having Kittens re Jude Retiring

Idiots. Wrong Bolton. Mind you, mention the name Bolton and all sorts of jumping to conclusions would take place, there is after all in many people's minds only one bolton!

Kind of highlights the fact that Melbourne Media have no idea.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Tim Watson must be suffering the effects of long term concussion. I can't believe he is such a knucklehead.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

I can understand the pressure to jump the gun on that one - it would have been a nice scoop if it was true. But that's no excuse for not taking the minimal effort to do a little basic fact-checking.

Now, to hit the SMS and let SEN know that Sam Mitchell is retiring. You heard it first, here folks!

On the Rookie List
    I gave up listening to SEN earlier this year, they just run with baseless rubbish sometimes and here we go again it seems, why would you announce it based on an SMS?? Says alot about that radio station, they may find it hard to get horse to have a chat on there for a while now.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Tim Watson must be suffering the effects of long term concussion. I can't believe he is such a knucklehead.
    I heard the whole thing. Appears someone tweeted or sent an SMS. Watson, who thinks himself as funny, decided to go with it. Within minutes it was refuted by the club. Then Watson gives an apology, that was more condescending and hardly sincere, with his dill offsider Maher seeming to chuckle in the background. Pretty stupid stuff. They got a few calls from listeners along the lines of.."not funny Tim".

Unfortunately for SEN these most be the only 2 prepared to get up early for the morning show, or is it they are at the skinny end of the payroll and there are no other gigs available to them. I find almost all other announcers on SEN entertaining and professional and great football listening.

From Twitter

Matimbo@karmaforjude ...

SEN to announce Tim Watson's retirement from all media commitments. But not by his choice. Press conf at 2:30am.

ROFL; Love it!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I missed yesterday's TV. Was there anything extraordinary to emerge from the implied 2:30 presser?

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I missed yesterday's TV. Was there anything extraordinary to emerge from the implied 2:30 presser?
    Yes,

LRT has been beatified, the Vatican is now just waiting for confirmation of his miracles.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Yes,

LRT has been beatified, the Vatican is now just waiting for confirmation of his miracles.
    He has also signed a new 5 year deal with Sunsilk.

Veterans List
    And apparent Josh has been beautified.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123