• Adelaide - between 10 and 19 points

4 8.70%
  • Adelaide - between 20 and 39 points

3 6.52%
  • Adelaide - 40 points or more

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qualifying Final 2 - Crows

Swans have to play four quarters... don't know if they're quite capable of that.
    I hope they prove me wrong, but Crows by 20.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I think it will come down to our accuracy. If we can kick >60% and 15 or more goals we will win. Squander our chances and we will be playing in the second week.
    Obviously a lot of factors influence our accuracy but when we are playing well we make a lot of the shots we have on goal (or maybe it is the other way around?) A result like last week 11.12 or a month ago 9.16 will not get us very far at all.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Cross are one of the worst tackling teams.
    Let's refind our physical mojo and
    Put the hurt on these pussies.
    Cows had the easiest draw in history and will be found out on Sat.
    Swans by 30

The telling stat from the Geelong game was tackles - they flogged us 89 to 68. That's a sign that we really didn't turn up. If we do that at AAMI it'll be another 5 goal loss but I'd like to think we can bring our A game to a finals match. I'll tip a 14-point win.

Plus the Craig Crows had a pretty poor finals record. Change of coach doesn't necessarily mean the end of a hoodoo.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Regular in the Side
    History favours Sydney. Since the current Finals was introduced 12 years ago, there have been only 11 times where the lower placed team won an interstate finals game. And Sydney have been the victors for almost half such games.

Witness:
    Port Adelaide 2003 QF at Football Park
    St Kilda 2005 PF at the MCG
    West Coast Eagles 2005 GF at the MCG
    West Coast Eagles 2006 QF at Subi
    St Kilda 2011 EF at Docklands.

Special mention to the Eagles' 4 point loss QF loss at Subi in 2005, where two appalling umpiring decisions/non-decision, cost us a game where we were the better side.

Sydney will beat Adelaide by 14 points.

We'll win.

I'm tipping between 20-24 points.

We only need to win by 1 point.!!!

Swans to win by 27 points (crows coming hard at the end of the game after we have lead most of the game)

Rod_

I think LRT will match up very well on Tippett, he is the type of player LRT was always good on. Walker, Petrenko, Callinan, Dangerfield, Sloane, Thompson, Talia & Rielly are their most dangerous players. Douglas if he plays is a good player and Vince on his day is pretty good. That is basically the mids and the forwards with two backs. But I think Walker, petrenko & Dangerfield are the most dangerous. We have to shut them down.

Teddy has to do a job on Tex. Someone suggested we drop Birdie for this match but who will go to Dangerfield? Maybe Smithy? Kizza has to get Petrenko when he is in the mids and AJ in the backs if Armstrong isn't playing. Petrenko out-marks Shaw and Marty so the taller man would be a better match.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I think LRT will match up very well on Tippett, he is the type of player LRT was always good on. Walker, Petrenko, Callinan, Dangerfield, Sloane, Thompson, Talia & Rielly are their most dangerous players. Douglas if he plays is a good player and Vince on his day is pretty good. That is basically the mids and the forwards with two backs. But I think Walker, petrenko & Dangerfield are the most dangerous. We have to shut them down.

Teddy has to do a job on Tex. Someone suggested we drop Birdie for this match but who will go to Dangerfield? Maybe Smithy? Kizza has to get Petrenko when he is in the mids and AJ in the backs if Armstrong isn't playing. Petrenko out-marks Shaw and Marty so the taller man would be a better match.
    Petrenko got the better of Shaw last time we played them, so we'd better have someone else on him. Someone with a bit of strength.

On the Rookie List
    I too think we'll win, simply because we are a better side than adelaide this year, im not taking any notice of them being the bogey team that they have been, we were 3 seconds away from beating them this year anyway. Everyone knows their draw has got them to where they are and I think these past few games against coll, haw and geelong has given us the finals type experience. Swans by 19.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12