Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Home preliminary vs collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Absolutely. Didnt see a lot of Hawks talk last night either. I get sick of the whinging on this site about the media ignoring us. We get a bloody good run on the Fox shows who have to cover 18 teams. To whinge about last night on a day when they had to cover the tragic events in Vegas is just remarkable.
    Perhaps you are right Al but there was plenty of other footy shown. Sorry if I made you reach for a tonic. I'm always keen for a bit of analysis on our boys after a good win even though I probably learn more here.

I guess we can expect a little more media exposure in the lead-up to the prelim and ... OTC, which followed, made some time. I particularly liked the quick grab of Goodse smiling and gesturing to Jetts and himself as the lips read "He's back. I'm back."

Technically with 'Tasmaina's Hawks' in the competition it really is only Collingwood holding the purely Victorian claim to the flag. Let's hope this is the start of a long and prosperous era for the non-Victorians.

How relieved were they when Geelong came to the picture in 2007? Before then all you ever heard about was how boring the game was starting to get and how much better everything was 'back in the good ol' days'. Even funnier is how the AFL rolled out a succession of rule changes to undermine our gamestyle and how Geelong is forever held up as the bastion of the 'purist' revival.

For the sake of our sainity let's hope we or one of the other remaining teams can pull a Hawks 2008 on the Hawks in 2012. The media has already started engraving their name on the cup - at least wait till they've actually achieved something before pontificating about how perfect and brilliant and awesome and delicious they are.

Anyway I had an interesting dream last night. Us vs Collingwood, prelim final at ANZ. Heading into the last quarter we're down around 20 points. Enter stage left Lewis Jetta who does an Adam Goodes and pull us back in it. The 70 000+ crowd is going crazy. Last minute and we're down by less than a goal and then who is that running with the ball down the left wing? Goodes no, not Jetta either...'who is that?' my dream state asks. '...Marty Mattner?' Dream state is skeptical. Doubtful to be sure, but let the story continue woman! Anyway 47 seconds left and he is running and bouncing the ball towards forward 50 before unleashing a massive kick... The image becomes slow mo, the crowd's noise is drowned out and dream state me is holding my breath in anticipation. Miraculously it goes through and we win.

My spidey senses are tingling!

Home preliminary vs collingwood

I'd like to see us play Collingwood in Prelim. It really is our time to beat them, and no better place than in a prelim and kick them out of the Grand Final.

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    Technically with 'Tasmaina's Hawks' in the competition it really is only Collingwood holding the purely Victorian claim to the flag. Let's hope this is the start of a long and prosperous era for the non-Victorians.

How relieved were they when Geelong came to the picture in 2007? Before then all you ever heard about was how boring the game was starting to get and how much better everything was 'back in the good ol' days'. Even funnier is how the AFL rolled out a succession of rule changes to undermine our gamestyle and how Geelong is forever held up as the bastion of the 'purist' revival.

For the sake of our sainity let's hope we or one of the other remaining teams can pull a Hawks 2008 on the Hawks in 2012. The media has already started engraving their name on the cup - at least wait till they've actually achieved something before pontificating about how perfect and brilliant and awesome and delicious they are.

Anyway I had an interesting dream last night. Us vs Collingwood, prelim final at ANZ. Heading into the last quarter we're down around 20 points. Enter stage left Lewis Jetta who does an Adam Goodes and pull us back in it. The 70 000+ crowd is going crazy. Last minute and we're down by less than a goal and then who is that running with the ball down the left wing? Goodes no, not Jetta either...'who is that?' my dream state asks. '...Marty Mattner?' Dream state is skeptical. Doubtful to be sure, but let the story continue woman! Anyway 47 seconds left and he is running and bouncing the ball towards forward 50 before unleashing a massive kick... The image becomes slow mo, the crowd's noise is drowned out and dream state me is holding my breath in anticipation. Miraculously it goes through and we win.

My spidey senses are tingling!
    Woah there! There's something supernatural going on here. I had that same dream!

Except the finish was slightly different.

Anyway 47 seconds left and every Swan pushes forward as we mount a raid. Mummy steps two at the contest before running and bouncing the ball towards forward 50 before unleashing a massive kick on the run into a goal square pack. Three defenders and three Swans go up for the ball and LRT skittles the lot of them over the top with a somersaulting mark. The image becomes slow mo and blurred as he moves in for the set shot from about 20 out, straight in front, the crowd's noise is SF 2005-ish as the kick perfectly dissects the big posts. We win.

Absolutely. Didnt see a lot of Hawks talk last night either. I get sick of the whinging on this site about the media ignoring us. We get a bloody good run on the Fox shows who have to cover 18 teams. To whinge about last night on a day when they had to cover the tragic events in Vegas is just remarkable.
    Sorry Al, 99% of the time I'm in agreeance with you but not on this one. We do get a good run on Foxtel now but this show can be very annoying in it's pro Vic reporting and as Liz said, it is a national show.
    The catch phrase of the show is AFL from all angles but if they are not discussing, however briefly, every game (particularly when there was only four games played), then they are not delivering on their promise.
    You're right in saying there wasn't a lot of Hawks talk last night but there was some - absolutely none on our game, it's very wrong and I don't see how the tragedy is any excuse for it.

Goes up to 11
    I want a dream where we beat Collingwood by 126 points in the dullest preliminary final in recent history...

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I want a dream where we beat Collingwood by 126 points in the dullest preliminary final in recent history...
    Yep, I'll go for that one too thanks.

Home preliminary vs collingwood

I had a dream last night too but as RWO doesn't have a sealed section I'll have to keep it to myself.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I had a dream last night too but as RWO doesn't have a sealed section I'll have to keep it to myself.
    Like Jetta, was Jessica Alba bouncing down a wing??

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Like Jetta, was Jessica Alba bouncing down a wing??
    Gold!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    I'm really hoping for the Pies. My 'Wheel of Fate' premiership fantasy is:

- knock over Adelaide at AAMI (check),
    - pick off the Pies at ANZ (please)
    - do to an over-confident Hawthorn what they did to Geelong in 08.

The footy gods will love it.
    Worth a bump.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Worth a bump.
    Oh yes!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast