Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Final will be on Friday Night @ ANZ Stadium 7:50pm Bounce

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    You managed to request exact seats online or was that just through the luck of the draw?

Took me a few goes to get the system to offer me Silver at the north end.... Stupid ticketek wanted to put me down near the ferals - no thankyou! Ended up with tickets in S115, sitting where I sat for Rd 1. Would of preferred somewhere closer to normal red zone, but couldn't be bothered fiddling, and being in row 20, means seats have a little elevation to help the viewing experience. Bring it on you Collingwood Ferals.... your streak is going to end!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    20-30 people in line at Enmore- got platinum seats where I wanted
    Hi Daisy - I was there, too, about 5th in the queue. Where were you? And we planned on getting Silver and walked away with Platinum but where we wanted.

Hi Go Swannies,

I was third in line...small person, big obnoxious voice...LOL Nice crowd there this morning, really enjoyed the whole experience. It's the first time I have lined up, usually somebody else does it for me..Glad you got good seats...

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    You managed to request exact seats online or was that just through the luck of the draw?
    Luck of the draw, sort of. I knew if I was first or second online I'd get those seats. Had them for the Carlton final, liked them so much we have sat there for every H&A game since.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    Hi Go Swannies,

I was third in line...small person, big obnoxious voice...LOL Nice crowd there this morning, really enjoyed the whole experience. It's the first time I have lined up, usually somebody else does it for me..Glad you got good seats...
    Dark hair? I said "see you at the game" as you left? I had a Swans cap on. Didn't notice any obnoxious voices - just a bunch of courteous fans with a common goal. See you on Friday . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Yep to all, line up aisles 117 to 120 and you have the Red Zone, and that's a given. Or at least its a start.

Surely Ticketek would have the technology to assume that Swans members want to sit in the Swancentric areas and the black ones in the black too. Its the 21st Century!! Oh silly me, that means nothing does it. I mean Channel Seven still broadcast AFL in SD not HD like every other network.
    The AFL control the ticketing for all finals games and just like every game so far this year and the countless years before, they spread the bays for each clubs members/supporters across the entire stadium. Often clumping 2 or 3 together in each ticket category.

So there will be bays for Collingwood members next to Swans bays on centre wing and probably close to what is the usual red zone, just the same as their will be bays next to the Collingwood cheersquad.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

One of the more civilized queues this morning at Westfield. Everybody grabbed a chair from the food hall so we were comfotable, then some guy came around with complimentary coffee. It's about time Ticketek upgraded their site so that people can trawl for the bays they want - if the opertaors can do it I can't see why it would not be possible. Despite having every gadget known to modern man, Des had to wait till he got to the counter to get the seats he wanted. I scored 410 row 3, very pleased with that. I hope Des checked that 112 is a Swans bay - he might be in for a nasty surprise!
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

I ended up not using my membership and will use my brother's ANZ membership (in the end it was the cheaper option since he doesn't have to pay for tickets as part of his membership). So I'll be there just won't know for a couple of days exactly whereabouts though.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    One of the more civilized queues this morning at Westfield. Everybody grabbed a chair from the food hall so we were comfotable, then some guy came around with complimentary coffee. It's about time Ticketek upgraded their site so that people can trawl for the bays they want - if the opertaors can do it I can't see why it would not be possible. Despite having every gadget known to modern man, Des had to wait till he got to the counter to get the seats he wanted. I scored 410 row 3, very pleased with that. I hope Des checked that 112 is a Swans bay - he might be in for a nasty surprise!
    I find it absurd that Ticketek has not moved to a setup where at very least you can specify your bay. Really, like most ticketeking companies, you should be able to choose your exact seats. But Ticketek has always been pretty useless in terms of keeping up with technological advances however.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I find it absurd that Ticketek has not moved to a setup where at very least you can specify your bay. Really, like most ticketeking companies, you should be able to choose your exact seats. But Ticketek has always been pretty useless in terms of keeping up with technological advances however.
    Agree. When you have a monopoly on tickets for the Sydney finals, you don't need to change.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

If I knew that lining up for two hours would get me the "best seat available" anyway, I would have just gone online to get the tickets.
    I was at Olympic Park where the process they adopted was a complete shambles. Not knowing that you had to get a raffle ticket prior to lining up (there were no signs, staff to tell us, etc.), I joined the queue. An hour later I found out you needed a ticket as they were calling numbers in order. Was worse for some who were in front of me and were relegated to the back of the line after me. What ever happened to waiting in line and just being the next person. The NRL fans weren't happy with the arrangement at all.
    Our normal tickets (on-side under the commentary boxes) were not available for sale yet. Don't quite know what that means... they are platinum seats and we were prepared to pay for them. Don't know who they're saving those particular seats for.
    Ended up on the off-side (opposite the commentary and interchanges) Aisle 109 Row 14.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast