Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bloods of 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Bloods of 2012

Many of us have noted that the 2012 version of the Bloods has a lot in common with the 2005 group. Saturday in Adelaide confirmed it.

In 2005:
    QF1 vs West Coast - Jude Bolton bleeds from horrific cut to the head, dons the helmut and the Bloods legend is born. I have a feeling someone else was stitched up that game as well.
    PF3 vs St Kilda - Brett Kirk splits his head open badly in friendly fire and comes off the ground looking like Sissy Spacek at the prom. He's off down to the rooms whilst Swans fans everywhere nervously await his return. To our great relief he emerges from the rooms like the warrior he is, stitched up and laced up in the same helmut that Jude wore a week before. The Swans lift and we deliver one of our best quarters of footy to kick clear and break the Saints hearts.
    Grand Final - Jude Bolton re-opens head wound from the EF. Doc Gibbs clips him together, tapes him up and they lace on that crusty blood soaked helmut that has served so well all finals. Jason Ball also has a bad cut to the head and ends up wearing what many of us dub the Swans Party Hat.
    We go on to a heart stopping win for our first premiership in 72 years.

Yesterday, we saw a head wound to one Kieran Jack and I for one was smiling.

COVER-UP FOR JACK
    Sydney's Kieren Jack wore a helmet during the last quarter, but not because of concussion during the match. He had a badly cut head, and the helmet was helping to stem the blood flow. It was effective.
    Read more: Swans too Goodes for Adelaide

Ryan O'Keefe was also running around with tape on from a cut to the head.

I've had a theory for a while now: When the Swans bleed they win. This is because they are first to the ball, hitting the packs hard and playing contested bloods footy. They are prepared to do anything for the red and white in order to win.

It started on Saturday and I believe it can finish in victory at the MCG on the 29th September 2012.

Go the Bloods of 2012.

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    Great theory LK, love it!

Yep, I like it.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Goes up to 11
    Thanks for pointing out the bleeding unobvious LK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Many of us have noted that the 2012 version of the Bloods has a lot in common with the 2005 group. Saturday in Adelaide confirmed it.

In 2005:
    QF1 vs West Coast - Jude Bolton bleeds from horrific cut to the head, dons the helmut and the Bloods legend is born. I have a feeling someone else was stitched up that game as well.
    PF3 vs St Kilda - Brett Kirk splits his head open badly in friendly fire and comes off the ground looking like Sissy Spacek at the prom. He's off down to the rooms whilst Swans fans everywhere nervously await his return. To our great relief he emerges from the rooms like the warrior he is, stitched up and laced up in the same helmut that Jude wore a week before. The Swans lift and we deliver one of our best quarters of footy to kick clear and break the Saints hearts.
    Grand Final - Jude Bolton re-opens head wound from the EF. Doc Gibbs clips him together, tapes him up and they lace on that crusty blood soaked helmut that has served so well all finals. Jason Ball also has a bad cut to the head and ends up wearing what many of us dub the Swans Party Hat.
    We go on to a heart stopping win for our first premiership in 72 years.

Yesterday, we saw a head wound to one Kieran Jack and I for one was smiling.

Read more: Swans too Goodes for Adelaide

Ryan O'Keefe was also running around with tape on from a cut to the head.

I've had a theory for a while now: When the Swans bleed they win. This is because they are first to the ball, hitting the packs hard and playing contested bloods footy. They are prepared to do anything for the red and white in order to win.

It started on Saturday and I believe it can finish in victory at the MCG on the 29th September 2012.

Go the Bloods of 2012.
    Gave me shivers reading that Lucky!

The real question is.......does LK still have the lucky knickers?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Hasn't taken them off since.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I had them mounted under glass and I'm pretty sure you won them as the award for winning the "Re-name Sing Swan competition"....IIRC but it was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I had them mounted under glass and I'm pretty sure you won them as the award for winning the "Re-name Sing Swan competition"....IIRC but it was a long time ago.
    Your memory serves you well!

Bleeding for the team

did you notice the bluetack aor gum or whatever it was on Thomsons head. that looked funny.

Does anyone know if it's the same piece of headgear still going around ?
    What a peice of memorabilia that would be!! I'd be happy to bid a ridiculous sum but it would be damn hard to display in the games room.
    It probably just rolls around the back seat of the good Docs car, but in my mind it should be bronzed and put on permanent display next to Teasdales brown corduroy tux and Nick Davis' left boot.

Ooh I like the idea of the helmet and the elastoplast party hat. I have a good feeling a out the be t couple of weeks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast