Thread: Sydney's Brownlow

Regular in the Side

Sydney's Brownlow

I remember attending a function in Sydney in 2006 the night Adam Goodes won the Brownlow. (I was sitting about two tables away from his table when he won). The (Swans alone) function was in Sydney because the Swans were playing the Grand Final in five days time. Indeed for several years in the mid 2000's the club use to organise their own Sydney based Brownlow dinners; it was at that time the only opportunity a Sydney sider could see the Brownlow live on TV.

Inside Football magazine records this week that according their analaysis, Joey Kennedy is the favour to win the 2012 Brownlow.

Does anyone know if there is planned a Swans alone Brownlow function in Sydney next week?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I know those invited won't fly to Melbourne if we are in the GF, much to the disappointment of their significant others

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I know those invited won't fly to Melbourne if we are in the GF, much to the disappointment of their significant others
    Speaking of that, on an unrelated note, I think it reflects extremely poorly on Chris Judd's character that he's still going to the brownlow despite being suspended, whereas Jimmy Bartel got suspended and is not going because he doesn't think he has any right to.

Quote Originally Posted by swansprincess View Post
    Speaking of that, on an unrelated note, I think it reflects extremely poorly on Chris Judd's character that he's still going to the brownlow despite being suspended, whereas Jimmy Bartel got suspended and is not going because he doesn't think he has any right to.
    That's Judd through and through, even my blues supporting friends think he is an arrogant numpty, he probably still believes he is a chance to win it

Quote Originally Posted by swansprincess View Post
    Yep, completely agree. Judds a tosser.
    You'd think "Twigs" wouldn't want to miss her turn on the blue carpet!

Judd would be going because every captain from every club and every brownlow medalist from past years is always invited it has nothing to do with thinking he can win it

On the Rookie List

Sydney's Brownlow

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    I remember attending a function in Sydney in 2006 the night Adam Goodes won the Brownlow. (I was sitting about two tables away from his table when he won). The (Swans alone) function was in Sydney because the Swans were playing the Grand Final in five days time. Indeed for several years in the mid 2000's the club use to organise their own Sydney based Brownlow dinners; it was at that time the only opportunity a Sydney sider could see the Brownlow live on TV.

Inside Football magazine records this week that according their analaysis, Joey Kennedy is the favour to win the 2012 Brownlow.

Does anyone know if there is planned a Swans alone Brownlow function in Sydney next week?
    Funny I asked someone at the Club the same question-I also used to go every year, was always a good night. Anyway the answer is no-since it became televised live they dropped it. There will be a small function at the SCG for players/staff only....
    Regards,

Boro Boy

OK. I know Joey is a long shot but here is what I am left with after a few MLB baseball games got up for me today in a multi bet.

AFL AFL Futures 2012 AFL Premiership Winner 1314 Sydney 4.50

League NRL Futures 2012 NRL Premiership Quinella 26562 Melbourne/South Sydney 4.40

AFL AFL Medals 2012 Brownlow Medal Winner 10852 KENNEDY Josh 15.00

Combined Price
    $ 2,217.25 x $ 2.00 = $ 4,434.50