Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand Final Training Session

On SEN Rebecca Wilson said she took her nephews, there were a couple of thousand fans there and no sporting organisation does things as good as the Swans, players prepared to sign autographs and do the right thing, even in a big GF week...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Opti-pessi-misti
    Great photos Jeffers1984. Thanks for that. So good to see Rohan in amongst them and Teddy out there too, also the players not in the final 22. Give them a taste to make them hungry For next year.

Veterans List
    Only those in the 22 were signing autographs. Someone called Jesse over and he waved them away. I asked Ted if his ankle was okay (it was bandaged) and he said it was fine. But he would anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Only those in the 22 were signing autographs.
    So is the team selected already?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    So is the team selected already?
    With McGlynn ruled out and Richards declared a certainty, it may as well be...

The Swans do do things well. There was a real buzz out there this afternoon and lots of activities for kids. They were selling plenty of Swans merchandise as well - all good for the future. I noted Ben's absence and feared the worst as now confirmed. Feel desperately sorry for him, not to mention he would always be in our best 22. Ted only trained lightly but looked fine, did not seem to be favouring his ankle. I too noted that Josh was only doing light work, hope there is nothing ominous about that. Sam was practising both goals and marking. But the one who looked really sharp was Adam. Hope that is a really good omen!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Great photos Jeffers1984. Thanks for that.
    Seconded, very good photos. There's video now at the Swans website.

Goodes was wearing number 13? What's that about, some training superstition?

Also something that made me chuckle: NSW plays Tasmania in a Sheffield Shield match starting tomorrow at Bankstown. (I would have been there, a good chance to see a few test players, but I will be on my way to Melbourne.) But Swans' fans have their priorities sorted. The Tasmanian players, including Ricky Ponting, were practising in the nets at the SCG this afternoon and they were completely ignored by the 2000-odd crowd there for the Swans' training session. New experience for the ex-Australian captain?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Also something that made me chuckle: NSW plays Tasmania in a Sheffield Shield match starting tomorrow at Bankstown. (I would have been there, a good chance to see a few test players, but I will be on my way to Melbourne.) But Swans' fans have their priorities sorted. The Tasmanian players, including Ricky Ponting, were practising in the nets at the SCG this afternoon and they were completely ignored by the 2000-odd crowd there for the Swans' training session. New experience for the ex-Australian captain?
    He was probably none the wiser, as a Norf supporter he wouldn't have seen 2000 footy fans at the one place....

Veterans List
    All good fun, everyone very excited - I reckon 10x the crowd there in 2005!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Only those in the 22 were signing autographs. Someone called Jesse over and he waved them away. I asked Ted if his ankle was okay (it was bandaged) and he said it was fine. But he would anyway.
    Someone forgot to tell Seabs then! I told my girl she didn't need to get that one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12