Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final - CARN THE BLOODS!

You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Funniest thing I saw at the airport this morning was i think it was Longmires better hlaf, who was put in charge of looking after the premiership cup for the flight home, doing so by carrying it in around in a big krispy kremes bag!
    Did you see Rhyce Shaw? Someone on the swans facebook said he had to literally be carried through the airport haha
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Long Term Injury List
    Went to the reception at Lake Side today, then to the airport. Home now and reading all the papers drinking my cuppa out of my Premiers mug. I feel so good and the best bit was my Dad, who turned 83 on Wednesday & had spinal surgery only four weeks ago, was able to make it to the game with us. The tears in his eyes and smile on his face at the final siren were precious.
    Thank you Swans..... you did yourselves proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Did you see Rhyce Shaw? Someone on the swans facebook said he had to literally be carried through the airport haha
    Rhyce was the only one not there this morning at Lakeside .... Mummy was there but may not remember very much of the day

Veterans List
    A late post on the game from me. Home pretty late last night. Great win by a team that again did not have a passenger. To have so many match injuries and still triumph was legendary stuff.

Hats off to Malceski after a form slump and I for one thought that he had been playing soft footy. Reinvented himself in the second half of the season and played tough, hard footy. I was up the Punt road end and Alex Johnson's second quarter was special. He kept his eyes on the footy and read the play superbly. Mind you LRT's last quarter was pretty good as was Sam Reid's last quarter.

Veterans List
    Folks, that feeling of exhileration when the siren goes and you instantly go into raptures is hard to match. For much of the game I think most people react like they do at any game, but when the lady behind me said there was 34 seconds to go when Mal nailed that goal the feelings and emotions went haywire in anticipation of the siren.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    A late post on the game from me. Home pretty late last night. Great win by a team that again did not have a passenger. To have so many match injuries and still triumph was legendary stuff.

Hats off to Malceski after a form slump and I for one thought that he had been playing soft footy. Reinvented himself in the second half of the season and played tough, hard footy. I was up the Punt road end and Alex Johnson's second quarter was special. He kept his eyes on the footy and read the play superbly. Mind you LRT's last quarter was pretty good as was Sam Reid's last quarter.
    Agree with all you said Nico, but in particular, the part about Alex Johnson - he announced himself to the footy world yesterday I think.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    What an epic achievement. It's still not sunk in that we've actually managed to win the premiership.

91 points is our highest score ever in a Grand Final.
    10 points is, as Goodes said in jest, a "blowout". It is our second-biggest winning margin in a Grand Final and the most one-sided Grand Final that Goodes has played in.

Smashing hoodoos to win and even just to get there.
    Adelaide: 14 games, 2 wins.
    Collingwood: 11 games, 11 losses.
    MCG: 15 games for 1 win and 1 draw.
    Win. Win! WIN!!

Goodes tore his PCL, had the trainers make a new PCL made out of lots of firm bandages and played out the game without painkillers.

We've now got five dual premiership players and five premierships.

There's an eerie similarity with Geelong's results in Grand Finals.

Geelong: WLLLLLWLWW (1963, 67, 89, 92, 94, 95, 2007, 08, 09, 11)
    Sydney: WLLLLLWLW (1933, 34, 35, 36, 45, 96, 2005, 06, 12)
    If this pattern holds, we will win the next Grand Final we play in.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Yep - he was looking absolutely worse for wear!!!! Not really sure he knew what was going on. Hannebery also looked pretty heavy going this morning, and Gary Rohan as well had obviously had a very big night!

What a fantastic win, im still undefeated watching the swans in melbourne.... Awesome awesome

Sick of some hawks crap tho

Happy and I know it
    Rhyce must have hit the berocca then. He looked rejuvenated at the SCG.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Regular in the Side
    Awesome game yesterday. Just awesome. We have spent the day driving up the Hume beeping and waving at other Swans-decked cars. I love all my boys. So proud of all the young kids in particular and stoked for the guys that played in 06. I dont think i have stopped smiling
    It's going to be hard to fly under the radar next year when we go back to back. I love this club.

Am i the only one who was more worried in the third quarter than the fourth? They had that building feeling in the last and i knew they could do it.