Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game DVD & Premiership book

I'm grabbing myself one of those hoodies when I get a chance... bit unsure on sizes though, so might have to go into the shop on Friday when I'm in Sydney.

That to go with the other several hundred $$$ worth I've spent (Can't wait to see the 2005 Panorama picture next to the 2012 Panorama!). I'm doing my bit to help our wonderful club do it all again next year

On the Rookie List
    DVD was $27 at JB Hi Fi, only 2 left, glad I checked there before the AFL store where it is $35.

On the Rookie List
    I bought the DVD at the Herald Sun Office next to the Arts Centre on the Sunday. Paid $32.95. They were also selling other merchandise like winning team posters etc. Apart from the $2 ones, they also sell a numbered limited edition version. Mark Knight, the resident cartoonist, has taken over the production of these since WEG (William Ellis Green) passed away. He was signing posters for people who wanted an authentic signature instead of the facsimile.
    Just one tip for the DVD. You hit the "audio" button on the remote control to toggle through the four commentaries. Took me about fifteen minutes to work this out!
    Like others, I too am amazed at how quickly this stuff was produced and ready for sale the next day.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    I bought the DVD at the Herald Sun Office next to the Arts Centre on the Sunday. Paid $32.95. They were also selling other merchandise like winning team posters etc. Apart from the $2 ones, they also sell a numbered limited edition version. Mark Knight, the resident cartoonist, has taken over the production of these since WEG (William Ellis Green) passed away. He was signing posters for people who wanted an authentic signature instead of the facsimile.

On the Wegs World website there is a Paul Harvey poster...so its interesting if the Knight poster or the Harvey poster are the real replacement for the Weg posters

http://wegsworld.ezywiz.biz/userdocs...59B36429AF.jpg
    Red and white till I die

On SEN over night after the game (I record on my iPhone app called "Tune in" radio) they interviewed the guy doing the premiership magazine (he's also from the Record) was pretty interesting. At that stage he was telling the hosts what they HOPED would happen....ie to the printers by 3am to get to Lakeside and then a bunch on the plane for SCG....WELL DONE
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Re: Game DVD & Premiership book

I got one of those at the SCG. the book/mag is pretty good.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllGoodes View Post
    On the Wegs World website there is a Paul Harvey poster...so its interesting if the Knight poster or the Harvey poster are the real replacement for the Weg posters

http://wegsworld.ezywiz.biz/userdocs...59B36429AF.jpg
    Hmmm....I think the Knight poster is the replacement....it's the one that was distributed outside the ground at the end of the game. Usually, the winning team poster doesn't show any reference to the losing team either. Still I wasn't aware of the second poster: it's not a bad one either!
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Tried to find out from the club whether there would be a scarf with players names and dvd of the final series. The response doesn't look too promising...

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately a pack similar to the one you have mentioned will not be available to purchase.

There will not be a scarf with the players' names on it, however a Premiers scarf has been designed and is available on our website.

We are unsure whether the finals series will be available on DVD as this is through AFL media, however we will ensure that it is advertised should one become available. A copy of the Grand final DVD is available to purchase through our Swans shop however.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    Hmmm....I think the Knight poster is the replacement....it's the one that was distributed outside the ground at the end of the game. Usually, the winning team poster doesn't show any reference to the losing team either. Still I wasn't aware of the second poster: it's not a bad one either!
    The Knight one is the replacement, but the other one (minus the hawk) is a better one IMO.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I picked up the magazine from Woolies last night, my kids actually spotted it first (I'm so proud)
    They didn't have it in their system so they said "$5 sounds about right" and I agreed.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123