Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodes..Will they finally twig south of the border

I think Goodes is probably the greatest Swans player of the modern era. He's just incredible and a privilege to watch.

Re: Goodes..Will they finally twig south of the border

After Saturday surely there can be no dispute.

Goodes IS the greatest Swans player of the modern era.

Games record holder
    Dual Brownlow medallist
    Dual premiership winner - one as co-captain
    3 Bob Skilton medals
    4 time all Australian
    AFL Rising Star
    Indigenous team of the century
    Umpteen Troy Luff medals

this will be the first of many posts on this site tonight - as i haven't posted since the gf.

i owe goodes a couple of apologies. in the last quarter (or maybe the second quarter) he didnt go to a couple of contests in the forward line where i sighed and said "oh goodes...". both were two-on-ones and he didnt really impact the contest but got shepharded out. At the game i simply didnt realise just how badly he was injured.

But having watched the replay about four times now his ability to impact the game for a player basically playing without any significant ability to sprint and jump was nothing short of sensational. he was absolutely inspiring and the man has once again demonstrated that he deserves every accolade that he has ever received and then some.

in years to come this performance of his will be remembered by me as much as his performance in the QF against port in 2003 and for a quarter against adelaide in (maybe 2003 but could have been 2005) where he played the best quarter of football i have ever seen from a player - including some quarters of wayne carey which were outstanding.

as someone on big footy said he is some chance to be inducted into the hall of fame before he even retires...

Regular in the Side
    It is time for the campaign to begin to persuade the SCG Trust to change the name of the Brewongle Stand to the Adam Goodes Stand. I am very serious about this.

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    It is time for the campaign to begin to persuade the SCG Trust to change the name of the Brewongle Stand to the Adam Goodes Stand. I am very serious about this.
    One of those bronze statues of legends, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Brilliant idea.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    Heard a guy on SEN who said "for years and years I couldn't really see what the fuss was about....but after watching that game live I reckon Adam Goodes is a dead set Legend....what a player...." etc, etc, .....so yeah
    I heard that call too. I was driving home Sunday morning from the players' reception at the old Lakeside Oval, with my 6 yo daughter in tow. She had just been talking about how disappointed she was at not being able to talk to Goodesy there (although she liked Mike Pyke). Then the call came on, praising Goodesy for using his body as a battering ram despite the duress he was under. It was actually a very heartfelt call and made me mist up a little - because it was absolutely bang on the money and meant a bit coming from someone who was not a Swans' supporter.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've been really chuffed to have the Victorian media state that Goodes must surely be the greatest Swan ever. I agree with them.

Veteran Site Admin
    One of my favourite parts of the post game footage is watching Goodsey go up onto stage to collect his medal. Since he wasn't on game day captain duties, he had his "statesman" face turned off and just looked like a youngster with unbridled joy at winning a premiership medal. Loved it. Loved his performance. Just love to death what he has given us over the years.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Who's Brewongle, what position did he play?

Regular in the Side
    "Brewongle" means meeting place.

Time for the SCG to honour the AFL with its 3 decade support of the ground, as well as honouring the greatest indigenous Australian to regularly paticipate in ANY sport at the SCG:

"The Adam Goodes Stand"

It's either skilton or goodesy. Goodesy's honours speak for himself, champion.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast