Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodes..Will they finally twig south of the border

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    It is time for the campaign to begin to persuade the SCG Trust to change the name of the Brewongle Stand to the Adam Goodes Stand. I am very serious about this.
    Or the shiny new one that will soon be there. Would be an appropriate transition - Noble Stand to the Adam Goodes Stand. He is certainly the King of our Castle!

"Brewongle" means meeting place.
    Not everyone's cup of tea but brewongle stands tall in name game

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    One of my favourite parts of the post game footage is watching Goodsey go up onto stage to collect his medal. Since he wasn't on game day captain duties, he had his "statesman" face turned off and just looked like a youngster with unbridled joy at winning a premiership medal. Loved it. Loved his performance. Just love to death what he has given us over the years.
    Completely agree with all of this Liz. When Adam got to my part of the ground on the lap of honour he was absolutely radiating joy. And what he contributed to winning that match when he was on one leg for two and a half quarters is just astounding. He is a champion.

Senior Player
    I also think he gets plenty of kudos down here. Sure the average people on the street don't know how great he really is (they know he is a legend.), that just comes from lack of games watched. The media give him all the press.

In my eyes that game has elevated him to the upper echelons. Folklore kind of stuff.

Veterans List
    Kizza's and, of course, Mal's two goals were great moments for me but my favourite was seeing Goodes on one leg run straight through Franklin then bounce off and run over Mitchell was my favourite moment from the game. That was a champion doing all for his team. And how he managed to turn and get boot to ball and through for a goal, all on one leg literally defies medical explanation. With two Brownlows he's never ignored or regarded as less than a Champion but now he is a genuine Grand Final Legend, up with the other great efforts over the decades of delivering while wounded.

He was funny on Saturday night "now both my knees are equally good" and "for this team a 10-point Grand Final win is a blow out". But his best line was when Adam Spencer said that, when AG said at the start of the year he thought this player group could win a Premiership, AS thought it was a bit of hype and Goodes replied "In your face, Adam."

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    He was funny on Saturday night "now both my knees are equally good" and "for this team a 10-point Grand Final win is a blow out". But his best line was when Adam Spencer said that, when AG said at the start of the year he thought this player group could win a Premiership, AS thought it was a bit of hype and Goodes replied "In your face, Adam."
    The in your face moment was great. Plus loved Adam S' ode to the Swans.

Goodes..Will they finally twig south of the border

It is time for the campaign to begin to persuade the SCG Trust to change the name of the Brewongle Stand to the Adam Goodes Stand. I am very serious about this.
    What a wonderful idea

"Brewongle" means meeting place.

Time for the SCG to honour the AFL with its 3 decade support of the ground, as well as honouring the greatest indigenous Australian to regularly paticipate in ANY sport at the SCG:

"The Adam Goodes Stand"
    All good ideas (pardon the pun). However, if we are happy to wait another 10 years, maybe it could be called the "Goodes O'Loughlin Jetta" stand to honour three of our greatest indigienous players.

After the Swans beat the Crows in the final, an Adelaide fan told me the only consolation was being able to watch Goodesy in action..........When he kicked that goal in the Grand Final I thought it would be the crowning achievement of his career if we went on to win.

He's a champ, sometimes criticised because he doesn't get 30 touches a game or kick 10 goals every week, but name me another player who can do everything he does as well as he does. He can do it all. All-Australian ruckman, wingman and midfielder.........Too talented for his own good sometimes, as no-one could keep up his impossibly high standards every week. But even when he is not BOG or in the best players, he just does so many special things during a game.

Here's hoping we have another 3 or 4 years of Goodesy magic......

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Played a terrific finals series. Tore Crows a new one in the first half.
    Had the pies in a Panic.
    And was Great without starring in the GF!!

Given he missed so much footy this season, he came good at the right time.
    Scott I reckon his first 40mins or so until he did his knee was vintage goodes in the GF

there are passages of play where he tackles 3 guys and finally wins the ball and passes of ! he was super !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Scott I reckon his first 40mins or so until he did his knee was vintage goodes in the GF

there are passages of play where he tackles 3 guys and finally wins the ball and passes of ! he was super !
    I expect him to play until his age matches his number. 400-plus games is not out of the question.

Re: Goodes..Will they finally twig south of the border

I've always been a tough marker when it comes to Goodes simply because I expect so much from him. He's the most talented footballer I've ever seen and I don't believe he's taken full advantage of how good he is. However after his GF heroics i will forever pull my head in and will never criticise him again. That performance in the GF on one leg will live in the memory forever.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast