Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodes..Will they finally twig south of the border

Goodes..Will they finally twig south of the border

I marvel at the game Goodesy played with a torn PCL...His impact in the last quarter was huge.

To do this on one leg..to know his limitations...to adjust his game...he was all heart, all team, incredibly brave...an amazing performance.

A silly as it seems, the Victorian press, and general public, have always had a raised eyebrow, a question mark, when evaluating Goodesy.

It's time for them to now acknowledge him as the out and out champion he is....No questions asked.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    A silly as it seems, the Victorian press, and general public, have always had a raised eyebrow, a question mark, when evaluating Goodesy.

It's time for them to now acknowledge him as the out and out champion he is....No questions asked.
    Not sure how you come to this conclusion. There has never been any lack of acknowledgement for, or and question marks on, Goodesy from the Victorian media.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    He knew he couldnt turn - so he just ran straight through Franklin, and then Mitchell.

What a machine.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Yeah I'm not sure on this one either. Goodes is just about the only one the folks and press down south HAVE consistently acknowledged over the years.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

He was a legend before the game. His effort on Saturday, and THAT goal, are one of the all-time grand final stories.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veterans List
    Goodesy has got huge amounts of accolades down here this week. It is not the media but opposition supporters who don't rate him. I laugh when opposition supporters are now saying..."who is that Nick Smith...he can play".

Heard a guy on SEN who said "for years and years I couldn't really see what the fuss was about....but after watching that game live I reckon Adam Goodes is a dead set Legend....what a player...." etc, etc, .....so yeah
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Blog Entries
    Played a terrific finals series. Tore Crows a new one in the first half.
    Had the pies in a Panic.
    And was Great without starring in the GF!!

Given he missed so much footy this season, he came good at the right time.

Warming the Bench
    He's very well loved in Victoria, may be the only Swan that gets the plaudits they deserve.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    He knew he couldnt turn - so he just ran straight through Franklin, and then Mitchell.

What a machine.
    Close to - if not - my favourite moment of the game, when he lifted Buddy.

Goodes..Will they finally twig south of the border

What Adam was able to do in the GF on one leg should be talked about in years to come with the same reverence as the Leo Barry mark.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the Rookie List SwanSational's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    What Adam was able to do in the GF on one leg should be talked about in years to come with the same reverence as the Leo Barry mark.
    Totally with you. I don't know how on earth he was able to do it; especially with no pain killers. Just goes to show how awesome he is.
    2012 - The Year Of The SWAN!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast