Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good luck to the Norwood Swans!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Few ex-Swans involved in the SANFL granny for Norwood today. Simon Phillips, Dean Terlich, Kane Murphy. Stephen Doyle assistant coach. Robbie Neill will likely be there as he is is the U16 coach. Possibly Bob Hammond too.
    Maybe Crouchy & Reg will still have some interest in their former clubs prospects today too
    Good luck to all of Norwoods former Swans today!
    Bob Hammond played for North Adelaide and a few games for Norwood. He coached Norwood but I would think his allegiance is firmly with North. He was Chairman of the Crows during their successful era and was until 2011 an AFL Commissioner. He is also a very successful businessman who, with partners, started IGA.

He is a Kilburn boy and would be a North man through and through, no matter who he coached.

Damn, my Norwood friends aren't going to let me forget this.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Terlich won the Jack Oatey Medal for BOG

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Bob Hammond played for North Adelaide and a few games for Norwood. He coached Norwood but I would think his allegiance is firmly with North. He was Chairman of the Crows during their successful era and was until 2011 an AFL Commissioner. He is also a very successful businessman who, with partners, started IGA.

He is a Kilburn boy and would be a North man through and through, no matter who he coached.
    Barassi had minimal involvement with the Swans in comparison with Melbourne, Carlton & North ... but I've read & seen in interviews that he has a huge soft spot for the Swans ...

Cousins similarly with Richmond, despite a much longer time at WC.

Barry Hall is on record as saying the Bull Dogs is his team despite much longer (& more successful) stints with the Saints & Swans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12