Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans' Draft Selections / potential FA pick-ups

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Of those folks I'd be happy to pick up Gillies then after that Bate.
    I've always had an interest in Bate after seeing him carve some team up on tv a while ago.

Was he caught up in the alleged 'lets lose a few games' period? May have affected his form at Melbourne if that was the case.

Still only young and maybe worth a good look. And he's a ranga!

Opti-pessi-misti
    Have just been reading about Kristen Jaksch. He would be a great pickup. At 194cm he plays forward, back and can ruck. However, as one of the few KPP listed in the top 20 players (14) in the upcoming draft, he will probably be gone before we get our chance.

Theres many players I'd love in the upcoming draft, but i hate speculating on who's going where etc. I trust the club and the recruitment team in choosing the best player for our pick.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Of those folks I'd be happy to pick up Gillies then after that Bate.
    Bate? are you kidding me? absolutely dud of the highest order. Would not want that spud anywhere near our club.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I've always had an interest in Bate after seeing him carve some team up on tv a while ago.

Was he caught up in the alleged 'lets lose a few games' period? May have affected his form at Melbourne if that was the case.

Still only young and maybe worth a good look. And he's a ranga!
    I was secretary at his junior club and he played ruck at 14 because he towered over the rest. Alas like many boys he stopped growing but in the Under 16's GF he played CHB and was BOG. He is a left footer and has a big turning circle, and for the life of me I have no idea why both the Eastern Ranges and Melbourne tried to make him a lead up forward. He is a straight ahead player and would be a handy defensive back up.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Bate? are you kidding me? absolutely dud of the highest order. Would not want that spud anywhere near our club.
    Clearly better than Jessie White.

Veterans List
    Am I correct in noticing only one delisted player has been picked up so far, Geelong rookie Simpkin by Hawthorn. No others is there?

This year really is a strange drafting period. I notice Emma Quayle's article suggests the ND may be all done by pick 70, a little earlier than usual and we may have some of the very last picks this year.

On the veteran's list
    So with Cunningham that gives us 33 on the senior list right? Hold a spot for Tippett? Maybe advise him to go in ND then at least we'll know earlier how many picks we'll have.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Worth a late pick I think.

The NDH policy would preclude him.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Not sure about Reimers. Sounds as if he'd be competing with McGlynn and Morton, and I wouldn't like his chances.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast