Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amon Buchanan returns to Lakeside.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Amon Buchanan returns to Lakeside.

Amon Buchanan was at the Swans Academy training on Wed night this week. He was working with the U15 & U17 squads taking them through their skills session and did run a 3km with them.
    Good to see Monty back.

Senior Player
    Huzzah a blood brother back in the fold.

Interesting that him and Davis which both left under not the perfect of circumstances, and have still returned to the club. I can only guess that the situations were handled as well as possible at the time, and we are truly interested in keeping our past players involved (right back through to the SMFC past players) . Fantastic.

I also wonder after all these years if Schneider will return to his home state or stay down in Vic when it's all said and done? Dempster is a Vic boy so I guess he will remain.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    What were the less than perfect circumstances Buchanan left in? I know he was traded, but seems the club did its best to get him another opportunity.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    What were the less than perfect circumstances Buchanan left in? I know he was traded, but seems the club did its best to get him another opportunity.
    Well no one likes being told at 27 you won't be getting opportunities at a club you won a flag at only 4 years earlier. Hence they handled it well and got him a gig elsewhere, and he was happy enough to return.

Of course all guess work as this forum caper tends to be.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Premiership players will ALWAYS be special as far as I'm concerned.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Amon Buchanan was at the Swans Academy training on Wed night this week. He was working with the U15 & U17 squads taking them through their skills session and did run a 3km with them.
    Good to see Monty back.
    The Swans don't have an U15 and U17 age group in the Academy.

It is only even years (12,14,16) and the U16's are the only group training at the moment as they have commenced their pre-season training for next season.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    Premiership players will ALWAYS be special as far as I'm concerned.
    Absolutely Yes. Although they must wait until retirement to return to that status if they went to another club of their own accord.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Swans have U12 to U15 academy groups.

I think the U15's are trialling at the moment for selection in the U16 group. Apparently some culling of numbers occurs at this stage.

There is a U19 academy group. They provide the reserves top-up players. Perhaps they are commencing pre-season training.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    The Swans don't have an U15 and U17 age group in the Academy.

It is only even years (12,14,16) and the U16's are the only group training at the moment as they have commenced their pre-season training for next season.
    Better tell my son. He just spent the year in the U13s.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    The 5 boys from our Club were in even age groups. Although Sydney comp is running odds and evens groups depending on the location.

I know the heavy culling doesn't start until they reach the U16 age bracket. From 16 on, its the more talented players whereas below that age group its a much wider skill intake with the benefit of the $400 odd cost to Mum and Dad.

I didn't know they had an U19 group. I thought that would have been past recruiting age.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

I am so glad the Hobbit is back from his adventures up north. The look on his face after his "Big Game Goal" is etched into my eyeballs. Much fondness for the kid. (No he would have reached bloke status by now, wouldn't he?)
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That was what Dennis Carroll told the group of us that were there. There were definitely two squads going through their paces. The youngsters were going through benchmarking. Approx 55 that would be cut to the squad of 40 for the u16s as Gong said. The older boys were eligible for 2013 draft IIRC but happy to be corrected.
    Chris Smith was interesting to listen to about the benchmarking process and how they are looking for runners with skills but it really did come down to attitude.
    There was one kid, I think in the older age group who runs a 9min-ish for the 3km time trial which would have him finishing in the top 5 of the senior players. He started waaaayyy back as it was handicapped and managed to finish in about the top 10 over the line. Didn't look like he raised a sweat.
    Well done to all the parents of these kids. They come once a week from all over. Some from as far as Coffs and Yamba.
    As for Amon, he actually looked like he had grown taller.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast