Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big J. White!

Its is an interesting read isn't it. Especially their take on Jesse. Looks like we have the answer to why most of us just want him to do well. They found him an "engaging and delightful individual" And that's the crux of the matter. You just can't dislike the bloke no matter what he does to us!!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    And we do still need a back-up ruck with Seaby gone.
    Very true - can we go into a season with Mumford, Pyke and LRT only? If you add that guy from Adelaide that is okay but if you don't, I think you do need J White and he probably would play at least 4 or 5 games.

I just want say that sometimes big blokes take a little longer to develop. It comes from losing confidence in their abilities after getting thrashed time and again when younger. He has had to play on some of the best defenders in the comp and it has probably sapped his confidence a bit. He has also had to play on some pretty good ruckmen too. To start with for all his talent in certain areas, like marking and kicking, he is not a natural in other areas, like knowing where to be and to always watch the ball. So many times I have seen him with his back to the contest when running into the forward line. His second efforts were also a problem.

In the second half of the season in the Two's he fixed most of those problems. Second efforts were really good, he made an effort to be more aware of the play and where the ball was. He led to better positions on the field, more attacking posies. He broke packs, took the game on and won. He proved himself a pretty good mobile ruckman/forward. But can he do that at AFL level? Only time will tell. I think he has a chance but he still needs to work hard all the time on the non natural parts of his game.

Big J. White!

We don't need a ruckman/ forward, that's the problem. We need a forward. ( well, arguably we need a forward, we certainly don't need another ruckman apart from as a injury backup to the Moose and the mummy )

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    We don't need a ruckman/ forward, that's the problem. We need a forward. ( well, arguably we need a forward, we certainly don't need another ruckman apart from as a injury backup to the Moose and the mummy )
    Let it be known there has only ever been one Moose at the Swans...Moose Henwood.

Another name must be found for Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Let it be known there has only ever been one Moose at the Swans...Moose Henwood.
    Him and his cronies found Goodes guilty and Lindsay Thomas not guilty ... he's dead to me.

Long live Myke Moose...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Big J. White!

Yeah I like Moose. Calling Spangher Spanky was far worse, I still cringe thinking about that godawful nickname.

Between the ears. Doesn't have a footy brain.
    Jesse's theme song.......

If I Only Had a Brain - Video and Lyrics - YouTube

Warming the Bench

Another name must be found for Mike.
    What about "dudley" as in Dudley Doright of the Mounties

But my favourite Canuk has to be Plasticine Pamela from Baywatch - she still does it for me !
    September 24th, 2005 5.14pm
    What a great moment in all of our lives

Pull you head in aaaaarrrr!!!! OK I giggled a bit, but ..... oh I felt so mean doing it and its all your fault.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Pyke's simply the Mountie for me.

Fingers crossed JDub can turn this into a positive and turn his career around. I'd be delighted to see it.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Pull you head in aaaaarrrr!!!! OK I giggled a bit, but ..... oh I felt so mean doing it and its all your fault.
    You have my sincerest apologies milady. Consider my head pulled in.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast