Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who were your Norm Smith top 3?

On the Rookie List

Who were your Norm Smith top 3?

ROK put in a huge game tackling again and again but I was surprised he got the Norm Smith.I thought it was between McVeigh,Sewell and Hanneberry. Rewatching the game Malceski had a great game too and kicked the winning goal. I heard they have to pick the NS winner at 3/4 time.Is this true? ROK was a worthy winner and I am glad it went to a Swan.It is indicative of how good we played that so many could have got this award. AJ and LRT put their hands up too on occasions.

Top 3 from the Swans or both?

Hannebery was enormous. Gets my top vote. However I understand why ROK would get it. If Hanners was any older he would have been a shoe in.

Hanners
    ROK
    Sewell

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    ROK put in a huge game tackling again and again but I was surprised he got the Norm Smith.I thought it was between McVeigh,Sewell and Hanneberry. Rewatching the game Malceski had a great game too and kicked the winning goal. I heard they have to pick the NS winner at 3/4 time.Is this true? ROK was a worthy winner and I am glad it went to a Swan.It is indicative of how good we played that so many could have got this award. AJ and LRT put their hands up too on occasions.
    1. Sewell
    2. Smith
    3. Hanners

Having said that, I did have $10 on ROK at 14 to 1, so a noice pick up of $140 for Johnny boy.

I probably let out my loudest yell of the day when they announced ROK as the winner of the Norm Smith!!!!

Regular in the Side
    If Hanners had won the Norm Smith I would have been rich I tells you - ten to one chicken feed. I haven't felt so robbed since maybe the 2006 grand final (or at least Richmond lost me the tipping comp this year by losing to GC).

Senior Player
    Hanners Sewell O'Keefe

The Norm Smith winner should always come from the winning team, I don't care how magnificent any one player from the losing team has gone, it's just not right. I think there would have been a pitch invasion if it had gone to a Hawks player!
    As wonderful as Sewell was, I'm sure the medal would mean nothing to him. I remember Judds speech in 05 (and I do realise that Sewell would have been far more deserving this year than Judd was in 05), it obviously meant nought to him and to try to make an acceptance speech in the depths of heartbreak with all the booing from the crowd would be horrendous. Even Lenny has said he doesn't think much of his Norm Smith and he won his in a draw!

From Sydney:-
    Hannebery
    O'Keefe
    Pyke

From Hawthorn
    Sewell was that far ahead of the rest of them that it was no contest. Franklin would have been second pick though
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    From Sydney:-
    Hannebery
    O'Keefe
    Pyke

From Hawthorn
    Sewell was that far ahead of the rest of them that it was no contest. Franklin would have been second pick though
    This. Pyke the underdog had an exceptional game, would of loved to see him get it out of irony- "worst player in history" crowned the norm smith medallist.
    Up yours BT!

Veteran Site Admin
    For me Hanners and then the rest. Though if the Hawks had won, either Sewell or Buddy would have been a worthy winner.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Hanners Sewell O'Keefe
    Me too.
    And to go back to the OP, they did use to pick the NSM before the end of the game (though I don't think it was as early as 3/4 time), and changed it when Michael Voss embarrassingly missed out in one of Brisbane's wins. I think I read about it elsewhere on this site. If so, perhaps the poster can remind us?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Re: Who were your Norm Smith top 3?

At the ground I thought it was Hanners Pyke Franklin

On evidence of about 1000 replays since I'd have Hanners Sewell O'Keefe
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the Rookie List
    I really liked McVeigh's game.I thought he stood tall when the game looked like being lost and got more of the ball than he usually does.More than once he steadied the ship and played with confidence that was infectious.Maybe not a NS medal but right up there in consideration.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast